4. King Kong
5. Star Wars, Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
6. Batman Begins
7. Flightplan
8. March of the Penguins
9. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
10. Corpse Bride
11. No Direction Home: Bob Dylan

Here are a few more movies that look very promising that I simply haven't had either the opportunity or the time to see. I feel they would probably make my Top Twenty-two list were I to see them, which I hope to do soon. They are:

Hostel
The Woodsman
Duma
Grizzly Man
The New World
Match Point
Brokeback Mountain
Junebug
Crash
The Constant Gardener
Howl’s Moving Castle

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Yow.
I've only seen about four flicks this year, so, my number one:

BATMAN BEGINS:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Spaulding, I despair of you sometimes. I see Batman Begins at number 6 and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory even on your list. Hmmmmm...!

Well, I think I can pretty much come close to ten if not the actual number. I didn't really see all that many flicks this year and for good reason; newer films are getting less and less appealing to me. Despite what the masses may think the names Nelly, JLo and Jim Carrey do not make everyone start reaching for their wallets to see what drivel they will "star" in next. And so...

TOP TEN FILMS OF 2005

1. Batman Begins
2. Sin City
3. The Devil's Rejects
4. Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith
5. Satan's Little Helper
6. Constantine
7. King Kong
8. The Fantastic Four
9. Undead
10. Saw II

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
While I can't say for certain of three of them, I did see two in your top five and disagree. While King Kong and Revenge of the Sith are spectacular films in their own right, they don't come close to being better than Christian Bale stepping up and taking the role of the best version of The Dark Knight yet. I doubt the others you listed do either, but that's not for me to say. :D

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
There is no way in Hell that Revenge of the Sith is better than Batman Begins.
28 years to see that crappy fight on Mustaafar? Blah.:sick:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
you know I agree Batman was a great movie and as much of a Star Wars fan I am I have to say that I don't think the hype was that great, the story just seemed... draged out...

But the best movie I saw all year was JAWS... I know its old but its my favroit from this year.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Wow. I only saw a handful of movies this year, and none of them were stinkers so here's my list:

1. Sin City
  2. Batman Begins
  3. The Devil's Rejects
  4. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
  5. 40 Year Old Virgin
  6. The Wedding Crashers
  7. Constantine

There's 7/10ths of a list there. :p If it'd been more than 10, I doubt Constantine would have been on there.

·
Registered
797 Posts
After much, much thought, I can only come up with eight movies that would make my list.

1. Sin City
2. The Devil's Rejects
3. Batman Begins
4. Constantine
5. The Skeleton Key
6. The 40 Year Old Virgin
7. Final Fantasy: Advent Children
8. The Fantastic Four

Had I seen them, I suspect Walk the Line and The Corpse Bride would've rounded out my list to an even ten.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts