Haunt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that the show is moving to Las Vegas for 2008. Does anyone know the dates and location for sure yet?

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
TRANSWORLD EXHIBITS MOVES 24TH INTERNATIONAL HALLOWEEN, COSTUME AND PARTY SHOW TO LAS VEGAS , MARCH 2008

NEWS RELEASE
January 25, 2007

Rosemont , Illinois -- After 23 years in Chicago, TransWorld Exhibits has announced it is moving the International Halloween, Costume & Party Show (HCPShow) to the Sands Expo & Convention Center in Las Vegas . The 2008 show dates will be Sunday, March 16 - Wednesday, March 19.

"By moving this show to Las Vegas , we will be able to expand our floor plan and accommodate the expansion requests of many of our exhibitors. We'll also open up the show to greater attendance participation from the West Coast. This is a big change for us and we're excited about its positive effect on the show," said Joseph Thaler, president of TransWorld Exhibits.

Exhibitors and attendees will be able to see the 2008 floor plan at the 2007 show which is just around the corner, Thaler said, opening on Friday, February 23 and running through Monday, February 26, at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont , IL . "We're looking forward to discussing our plans with exhibitors and attendees," Thaler added. "We'll be talking about this move a lot at the upcoming show and we're confident that exhibitors and attendees will share our enthusiasm about 2008."

Transworld's 12th National Haunt & Attractions Show, located upstairs from the HCPShow in Rosemont, will also make the move to Las Vegas in 2008 and will continue to be held in a separate exhibitor hall, although crossover attendance is free and encouraged.

"We're already working on a number of special initiatives for the Las Vegas show," Thaler said. "We hope to announce some exciting co-locating shows and a few other surprises that will add to the excitement of this move." Announcements and new developments will be posted on the show website, www.hcpshow.com.

For more than 50 years, TransWorld Exhibits has been a leading producer of independent trade shows. The business, which had its roots in the housewares and consumer electronics industry, has over the years expanded its offerings to include general merchandise, Halloween merchandise, giftware, seasonal items, jewelry, fashion and accessories. The firm runs trade shows located in Chicago , Las Vegas , and the United Kingdom .

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Haunt, I can always count on you to be "in the know".
See you there?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Gives me the excuse to finally get to Vegas!!! I hope, just need to convince my other half!

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Well, I for one am looking forward to it. I've always wanted to see Transworld. Now I can! Sorry about the move for you easterners though. Did they say it was a permanant move?
I still have mixed answers on that. Some say yes, others say no. I think it is a perm move unless they start losing money.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
I have saving my pennys to fly to Transworld Vegas this year. Maybe I can meet a few people from here, there. Like maybe Wayne Newton. LOL

·
Are you always like this?
3,290 Posts
I enjoyed TransWorld this year and I'm really glad that I had a chance to go since the location is moving...

I'd like to go in 2008 and meet some of you, but I'm not sure that I'd go on my own without hubs. We'll have to see what the next few months bring. :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
When I read that Transworld was moving to Las Vegas in one of my magazines I was running around the house as if it were Christmas...errr...Halloween Morning. First off I go to Vegas almost three times a month, so me going to Transworld is a no-brainer. I most definitely am going to Transworld. In fact I'm bringing my whole "Convention Game" with me. I know no one here knows of my Conventions Game, but I will break it down real easy. Whenever I go to a convention or a huge public gathering, and I know there will be people there that I have corresponded to from Message Boards or something, I play a game, whomever can find me at the convention and introduce themselves to me get a little prize. Whomever finds me, introduces themselves, and answer some quick little "trivia questions" get a really nifty spiffy prize from me. So I can't wait to do it at Transworld...YAY.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I only just learned about Transworld last year, and was hoping that 2008 would be my first chance to catch it. Then they move it to Vegas. Oh well.

At least there's still Ironstock. I can do a 3 hour drive no problem.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
The way I hear it: Transworld fialed to book the convention center in Chicago in time. Someone else snagged the time slots. Last year they had to have it in Februaury for the same reason. It should still do well because it is a wholesaler show for retailers. The whole haunt industry thing is just a side gig for them. I went to Transworld and Midwest Haunter's Convention last year. Transworld had a bigger show floor. If you are looking to drop a bundle on props for a pro haunt, that's the show to go to. If you are looking to learn about anything in the haunt industry, MHC is the way to go. The show floor is smaller, but the classes and events are far better suited toward haunters.

14,925 Posts
Well, were booked for the rooms, waiting another week to book the flights.
So far the best deal is 676 for the 3 of us to fly.
As far as the rooms go, the Imperial palace has the best price ($88 @ night) and is within walking distance to the tradeshow (3 blocks if I remember right)

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Is it true what they say about Vegas? What ever happends in Vegas, stays in Vegas. I could be a very bad boy in Vegas, you know.

1 - 20 of 203 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.