Haunt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attend seminars and learn from haunt industry experts. Whether you're taking your haunt to the next level or expanding your existing haunt business, we have the seminars to help you:

* Transform trends into business opportunities
* Develop a business plan to map out success
* Identify attraction strategies that deliver revenue
* Get practical advice that will increase sales

TransWorld is hard at work putting the finishing touches on this year's seminar schedule - thanks for all of your inquiries! This year's sessions will be held on Friday & Saturday - hope that helps you early birds who are eager to book your travel arrangements.

TransWorld appreciates your interest & enthusiasm - they're looking forward to a GREAT show!

SEMINARS WILL INCLUDE TOPICS LIKE THE FOLLOWING:

BEGINNERS : Things you NEED to know to open a Haunted House

* Rock Solid Scares
* Frights, Camera, Action
* Turn your scenes into Hollywood Movie Sets
* Guerilla Marketing
* Set It Up and Tear It Down
* Running a Tight Operation

INTERMEDIATE : After the basics, getting to the NEXT level

* Starting Acting Troops
* Advanced Hollywood Make-up for Actors
* Fright and Shadow
* Dynamic Detail
* Queue Line Entertainment

ADVANDED : Programs from the nation's top Attractions

* Advanced Sponsorship Programs
* Designing a Multi-element Show
* Colossal Scares
* Advanced Retail Operations
* Advanced Internet Marketing

Please note that this is NOT a finalized list - visit http://www.hauntshow.com for more information and updates about the TransWorld 12th National Haunt & Attractions Show.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Hmmmmm, I don't know what to make of this. Transworld has a long standing reputation of not wanting anything to do with amateur/home haunters. In years past they've made it hard to get passes, turned people back at the door, and have even denied access to certain areas of the show to home haunters once they did get in.. I see nothing in this announcement that makes me think they're in any way welcoming non-pro haunters. It's a shame.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
I didn't have any problems getting in Vlad. And nothing was sectioned off to me. Expected I don't think my wife wanted me in the Playboy hut. I don't know why.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
I believe you DT. It's just that every year I read of the confusion and hassle they put people through.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Yea, it is, There is a lot of cunfusion regarding getting in. But let me tell you from experience, and you know me. I am not a haunt pro, just some Joe Shomoe that likes to put up Halloween stuff. All you need is a Haunt name and a flyer. You can make one up yourself. But I freaked and had Fontgeek make me up one because I didn't think I could get in any other way. But not true. You can make one up yourself on the computer. Once you get it done you would fax it in. (They give you the fax number when you sign up) I made up a Haunt name (Deathtouch Horrors) Oh, and they would like to see a website as well. So they know you are truly haunter. For most of us, that isn't a problem. You don't need to show them how much you made unless you want to be a buyer on the floor. But this doesn't stop you from buying stuff. And I always thought they would ignore me if I wasn't a buyer. Also not true. As soon as I asked questions, they were right in there telling me what I needed to know. One of the guys sold a 10 foot LCD display.(I was dreaming) I was hoping to buy it for my haunt but I don't have 10k. LOL. But anyway, when you walk in the door, you would walk up to the booths that they have and get your pass. Remember it doesn't cost anything and they give you a really cool bag, paper, and pen. If I could meet up with someone, I would go again. Not sure if my wife would go again. I was pushing it with Ironstock. LOL.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/lovermonkey/Halloween/flierlr.jpg

·
Are you always like this?
3,290 Posts
Hmmm. I just looked at this and have the same questions others did about registering. I'm certainly not a pro, just somebody who likes to throw up a display. I don't have a website either.

Maybe I won't be going to this afterall.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, folks -

It's true that in the past TransWorld has had problems figuring out how to approach home haunters and pro haunters in relation to what originally started out as a 100% wholesale trade show. However, in the last couple of years, the Haunt & Attractions show was set up and separated from the main Halloween, Costume & Party Show *specifically* to accommodate the haunt industry and its specific needs.

Because it IS a tradeshow, first and foremost, and because it's 18+ only, so it has to have a more involved registration process than, say, a convention. That said, the online registration form is pretty straight-forward, and most of the questions are for TransWorld's records more than they are for "do you qualify?". The few credentials that are requested are generally very flexible and no, you don't have to have a website to register.

These questions and more are answered at http://www.hauntshow.com/faq.shtml. Registration itself is super-easy (and free) - see for yourself at http://www.hauntshow.com/registration/ and remember, the best source for the latest information is the official TransWorld Haunt & Attractions Show website, http://www.hauntshow.com and message board, http://www.hauntshowforum.com

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
I got an email today telling me that my tickets are being mailed out next week. Now, if there are people out there that are still wanting to go, I might be able to add you to mine. But I would have to meet you at the show to give you the tickets. Just PM me maybe I can fax them quickly with your information. But I would like to limit it to people I know and trust please.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.