Haunt Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thank you my friends, or should that be fiends.................. Mom got released today, but it's clear that she she shouldn't be living on her own anymore. I'll be staying there, and working around her house, until my grown daughter moves in with her, hopefully within a few weeks. Good Lord, having to move back home at age 47, LOL. I'll only have dial up there until I can get high speed installed, and to make matters worse, they switched the phone system at work to digital, so I can't tap into the phone lines with the old PC I had there to use at lunchtimes, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Don't know yet how to work around that.
Mom is much better, they're actually now calling her condition a heart "event" as opposed to an actual heart attack, whatever that means. But at age 84, at least she's still kicking. Thanks for your kind words, I'll have her read them later tonight, she has her own PC.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
a heart "event" is an HMO description, that allows the patient to go home where as a heat attack would require more observation and a longer hospital stay. in any event it is the same condition, the first one just cost the insurance company less.

I'm glad to hear she is doing well.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Sry to hear about your mom,but I'm glad she is home now and okay.
.I know how you feel my son has had 2 heart attacks and he is only 29 but that is from another illness.
So take good care of her while you can. I'm glad your daughter will be able to help out.
Take it easy for a while "mom".

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Great to hear that mom's home.

I will look into the phone thing for you but usually it cant be helped. What is the switch? And what type of jack is in the wall rj12 cat3 act5

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Vlad, I'm very happy to hear of your Mom's recovery! Mom's are precious! Mine's still with us at 98 years old. She's tooling around her asst. living facility in Phoenix on her HD* scooter terrorizing the inmates! We don't fall far from the tree in my family.

*I put a Harley sticker on it.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thanks again all, lol. Jeff, I gave up on trying to find the spare beds under the clothes she has stacked everywhere, I just brought over my sleeping bag and camped out in the living room.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.