Haunt Forum banner
61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
so sorry for the delay, I forgot where I posted the question. (old age brain fart) I would be interested in either. I can build with a BOM or already completed. Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
so sorry for the delay, I forgot where I posted the question. (old age brain fart) I would be interested in either. I can build with a BOM or already completed. Thanks
At this time I am out. We are redesigning the board with some new features and hopefully we will have it ready to sell in the next month. Here is a vid showing the newer version.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just to let everyone know, I have been testing the new version of this controller for about a month now. It has been running 24/7. Everytime someone walks down the hallway it goes off, the clicking of the relays and sound. The wife is starting to get upset as she is tired of heaing the moaning and groaning coming from the speakers. I do turn down the speakers most of the time but I just tell her think of it as an alarm. If you here it in the middle of the night and I am in bed you had better start worrying. I plan on having this hooked up all the way thru next Halloween and put it thru its paces. I think everyone will be pleased with Tylers new design.

·
Registered
6 Posts
At this time I am out. We are redesigning the board with some new features and hopefully we will have it ready to sell in the next month. Here is a vid showing the newer version.
Cool new add-ons. How did you do the polarity correction?

I've still got 10 of the original boards and they work great..

Great work Tyler.

Si UK

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
200 controller PCBs and 100 remote PCB were ordered on Feb 13 with an estimated lead time of 8 days. I have not received a tracking number yet but expect it very soon. If these sell quickly we will likely place another order. Tim and I still need to get all the pricing together but it should be just a bit more than older version do to the extra parts. I will probably have to go up just a bit with shipping as well because I never raised the shipping price the last time USPS went up.

Tyler

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
The slow boat from China made to my house yesterday. I sent Tim is share of the PCBs so he should have them early this coming week. For those that have been waiting to order PCBs I am now ready to take orders again.

Controller PCBs are still the same price $9 each
Remote PCBs are $4 each
Flashed PIC16f688 chips $3 each
USA shipping $3 per order

In addition to the parts listed in post 1 of this thread you will need 4 1N4002 diodes SKU#A-158 and 1 RJ45 jack unfortunately Tayda does not carry these I have a few here I can sell if people need them. After I run out of them if there is interest I can get more in and start carrying them on a regular basis.

The remote PCB will require 5 of the same switches as used on the controller, 1 LED, and an RJ45 Jack. It also takes a 330 ohm resistor but you should have extras from the controller BOM due to the way Tayda sells resistors 10 at a time.

Tyler

·
Registered
89 Posts
Is the flashed chip different than the ones from last summer, ie, did you make the adjustment to the delay sequence to be a shorter delay.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Is the flashed chip different than the ones from last summer, ie, did you make the adjustment to the delay sequence to be a shorter delay.
I had been using the same delay time as last summer but I'm not opposed to changing it if you request a shorter time. I could do it on an individual basis or make it the default if shorter delay time is what the majority want.

·
Banned
2,398 Posts
Hey Tyler, just a quick comment on the delay times. I would be willing to bet that nobody uses the longest time available, freeing up some shorter "Delay time" slots. As mentioned in my post on preferred delay times, I have a minimum of 600 Toters and adults through my haunt in 3 hours, a 1 minute minimum delay time would mean that the majority of my totters will miss most of the "Action". I would recommend 15 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, and 3 or 4 minutes. That would give the optimum choices for "Most" Haunters

·
Registered
26 Posts
Tyler,
Built, flashed, tested and happy. Very cool controller! Don't yet have a use for it but I am planning on getting another one before the season. Thank you.
Greg

61 - 80 of 111 Posts