Haunt Forum banner
81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Tyler,
Just wanted to tell you I sent you a PM about ordering a few boards and flashed PIC's, if you still have them available. You offer just what we all need. An affordable controller for us Hauntaholics. Thank You!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Hey Tyler,
Just wanted to tell you I sent you a PM about ordering a few boards and flashed PIC's, if you still have them available. You offer just what we all need. An affordable controller for us Hauntaholics. Thank You!!
I just sent an email to the address you provided in the PM

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Just a quick update. I am currently sold out of PCBs for this controller. As of last night scubaspook still had a few controllers built and ready for those that would rather buy complete controllers than build. More PCBs are currently on order with an approximate 8 day lead time. I just got caught off guard and had a lot more sales than I expected.

To date there are almost 400 controllers out there in the wild and nearly all of them are working as designed. I have a few that I need to take a closer look at but the vast majority of people have gotten them up and running with little to no issues.

Thank you to everyone who has helped make this project what it is. Tim, Steve, and the rest of the Wednesday night crew have helped to diagnose issues and explain what this controller does and does not do countless times. Lots of forum members have jumped in to answer questions. And I have had a few volunteers help out with documentation. The support has been wonderful.

I think I have worked threw all of my PMs and emails but if I missed someone please send me a reminder. When MDfly restocked the MP3 modules I got buried in emails and I have been working threw them the past couple of days.

Tyler

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tstraub i need at least 2 of them that would be great! Thanks ahead if time, I hope to hear from u soon.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
I have some PCBs in stock again. I'm heading out for the night so I will not likely return emails or PMs tonight. If you have already sent me a PM or email expect a reply soon. hopefully tomorrow morning but it might take me a couple of days to get to everyone. real life is busy right now. I'll do my best to get back to everyone ASAP. Just bare with me and we'll all get threw this together.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Were do I find pricing for you full set ups, all is needed 4 or more channels for servos/motors and sound/ strobe lights . The whole ball of wax shall I say. I am into the pneumatics now but need to compile all avenues for the best scares.
Thanks Steve

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well, as per my previous post with burnt out through holes for the voltage regulator, I can now officially say I am unimpressed with solder glue. It has been almost 4 days since I applied my first round, and it still isn't fully dry. It looked promising, but it is really just a slow, messy process. I will not and can not recommend using solder glue, in actuality it just makes more sense to eat the cost of the board and live and learn...you can only change parts out so many times before the pads/through holes start to wear out. I will however, parts it out for my other boards!

Sorry for the delayed update on the glue, I ordered it from overseas and it took some time to get to me!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
JKGravy, I'm sorry I must have missed your PM email sent.

If I missed anyone else please do not hesitate to send me a reminder.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Controllers

Me 2 we are like two ships passing in the night. I need insight and all controllers and sound/light boards for my L-16'/W-21' dragon. I am trying to go with all head movements possible to include, neck, right list, left list, and turn. Jaw movement, smoker , and two eye movements, up/down, right /left. So seven so far for the head alone. Then body movements , sternum/backbone, wing deploy/retract, and third wing flapping, thats three so call it four, for one to spare, on the body. I will need to add a sound board also. Pricing and all components.
I majored in electronics in school 1979 class, years back, so i know of somewhat is needed. I also have done working heli scale models from scratch
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1308700
So I am somewhat knowledgable in this, but I am sure you could walk me through what is needed.
Body movements would be pneumatic controlls,
Head would be standard servo RC style
sound recordable, and lights/foggers would be 110 interfacing.
Thanks for your time, I know how precious it can be, Business owner myself.
Steve Paciorek
Email [email protected]
:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I read all 10 pages, as well as some of the other thread.

If I understand correctly, I can order 'kits' which contain all (or nearly all) of the parts (and instructions) to assemble this controller? What are my options/prices for ordering and from whom do I order them (tstraub or scuba?)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Don't look like he has been on in a while. I need to get about 10 boards I have ordered the parts to put that many together.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, I've tried to PM him and email with no response. I also have all the parts on hand for 4 boards. I definitely understand the need for a break from Halloween, but cabin fever (lots of snow here) and my son are getting me started earlier than ever this year. "Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in"

81 - 100 of 111 Posts