Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Grrr
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, i went garage saleing the other day. For 10 bucks i got this small tv that worked perfectly, before i bought it we pluged it in to see if it worked which it did. Great, i can use this as a prop!! i think. But sadly the bumpy ride home made this great find a peice of junk. It dont work anymore. when you push the power buttom it makes a noise but nothing else happens *push on* beep *push off* beep. thats it. the screen dont brighten and the sound dont go on ether.

But i have hope! maybe one of you can tell me a way to still use this as a prop. any ideas???

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Take out the gut's and be careful you don't shock yourself. If your not sure about it, don't do it!!!
Strech spandex matrial where the screen used to be.
Then rig a simple motor (windshield wiper motor style) inside to push a styrofoam face into and back away from the spandex.
It will look like a face is coming out of the TV.

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
Great idea TD. You can always find those props with the face popping out of fabric in a tombstone (if you don't want to build the thing from scratch). I have a framed face with red LED eyes that would work in a tv setup. It's motion activated.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Dont forget the boa... the boa is most important when doing a prop like this... right TD?

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
I tried searching for info on my pop out skull prop. I've had it for more than 8 years and I can't seem to find anything on it.

GC - do you want more ideas?

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
you mean out of the tombstone haunt?
No. My pop out skull was in a black frame and it hung on the wall. The fabric looks all crinkled up and then it's smooth when the skull pops out. The red LEDs light up and it makes a laughing sound.

·
Registered
328 Posts
One other thing I saw at spooky world last year (one of the few things I thought was cool) was just an old man corpse sitting in a rocking chair in a graveyard with an old tv in front of him that was just playing the white "snow". I don't know if your TV will even do this, but for some reason I thought the scene looked cool. I'm planing to do it next year

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
One other thing I saw at spooky world last year (one of the few things I thought was cool) was just an old man corpse sitting in a rocking chair in a graveyard with an old tv in front of him that was just playing the white "snow".
Look at the GLFF video, one of the rooms, the clown room, had that 'TV static' effect in it. The kiddies all had thier eyes closed for that part.

http://www.hauntforum.com/showthread.php?t=6522

·
Grrr
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GC - do you want more ideas?
thanks for the ideas, but more would be great. thanks.

One other thing I saw at spooky world last year (one of the few things I thought was cool) was just an old man corpse sitting in a rocking chair in a graveyard with an old tv in front of him that was just playing the white "snow". I don't know if your TV will even do this, but for some reason I thought the scene looked cool. I'm planing to do it next year
that is awsome, but sadly the tv is really dead. it wont even play snow. thanks though.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I also like the idea of taking out the screen and putting a rubber screen over it, would be a cool effect

1 - 20 of 20 Posts