Haunt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of having a two-way mirror scare in my haunt, but I noticed that on the package of mirror film it says that you can't use the product on plexiglass. Does anyone know why this is? I don't want to have real glass because it could be dangerous.

My other option was to just staple the mirror film directly onto the back of an open wood frame. Do you think this would work? :confused:

·
Registered
156 Posts
I was thinking of having a two-way mirror scare in my haunt, but I noticed that on the package of mirror film it says that you can't use the product on plexiglass. Does anyone know why this is? I don't want to have real glass because it could be dangerous.

My other option was to just staple the mirror film directly onto the back of an open wood frame. Do you think this would work? :confused:
I used mirror film on plexiglass several years ago when I used to do a room of a house as opposed to a trail. My experience with it was fine. The light behind it had to be a good deal brighter than in the front of it to get a really good effect as opposed to a "true" 2-way mirror, but i fully expected that would be the case...even with glass.

It was a Bloody Mary scene in a bathroom and the mirror was above the sink. I killed the lights in the room and faded in lighting from behind. People loved it.

I bought the film at Lowes, but I don't remember the brand name. I may get to Lowes in the next couple of days to confirm the brand...and who knows, it may have said the same thing on the package and I missed it.

I'd say test a small amount on a small piece of plexiglass. Adhering wasn't a problem for me either. If that works, test the visual effects by duct taping the plexiglass to a sheet of black plastic with a hole cut out and different lighting in back and front.

I think you'll have no problem. Keep us posted on how it worked for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.