Haunt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
It's not something I've ever looked into because the whole alien thing isn't my cup of tea, but I'll bet with the growing member base we have here, somebody will have a useful link to share.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I made one a few years ago that came our pretty good! Unfortunately, I have no pictures due to a camera malfunction!
I used 2 - 12 foot square tarps with the silver side out. Using a 5 foot 1X2 as a radius, I cut out 2 - 10 foot discs. I then slit from the center to the edge and overlapped the slit one foot at the edge and used duct tape to hold it in place. I flipped it over and did the same to the inside seam for both tarps. Then I used duct tape to join the edges together. I took 2 bicycle rims. I then located the center of the top tarp, placed the rim with the spokes still attached, and used a large zip-tie to attach it to the tarp and cut out the inside circle. Did the same to the bottom one and removed the spokes. 3-10 foot sections of 1/2 inch PVC were exactly the right length to fit around the outer rim to give it some shape! I hung it from the hub of the top rim and it looked great! Very durable, too! Had some rather high winds that night! Sometimes it would be verticle hanging from the rope I suspended it from, then the wind shifted 180 degrees and it folded itself in 2 over the rope! As soon as the wind let up, it would drop an pop right back into shape! I dressed it up with a set of chasing Christmas lights around the outside and even had a strobe inside! I also set up an alien right under it! I wish I had pics to show, but it was really quite the hit that year!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts