Haunt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I live in Regina Saskatchewan, (Home of Deadpool) and the city is full of these dollar stores called - Dollorama. Lol i picked up 20 or 30 of these things for 4 dollars each. Indeed there are many ways to use these things for haunting. 2 channels at 3.2 volts could be used as simple as a couple pumpkins with led. they're ideal for prop controllers, and can can be used to trigger a relay for high voltages.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Really great information, but there seem to bee a fine line between yellow and red making the yellow channel nearly unusable. But it shoudl work great as a trigger.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Agreed. The yellow channel that is in actuality both red and green channels combined, should not be considered a primary. Bridging them on a relay just made it so that no matter what, it activates the prop at all ranges. Also on a side note, SOME store bought animatronics have a button or switch cable that is easy enough to tap into but they function like a dead mans switch. Don't tap in here! The relay will trigger the prop but it will NOT run the full sequence or program and will shut off. YOU want to tap in on the cables going to the existing PIR or GEMMY/TRYME... Works great with all pro haunt controllers as well.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tell your PIR sensor to shove it. Halloween is right around the corner and this is the simple and cheap upgrade you need to make so your Bots work always and not just some of the time. Happy Haunting. Check out both vids.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Great work, could get any range you like (up to about 12') with an Arduino ultrasonic sensor setup. Recommend the Nano Every--not the Nano because it's a pain to work with--the Nano Every is about $10USD (buy with pins already soldered on, it's worth the dollar or so extra). Six wires total, (four for sensor, two for digital trigger pin out) to your solid state relay. Power the Every with a cell phone battery backup charger (USB to micro-USB)
Pack of five HC-SR04 sensors $14CAD on Amazon, c/w Dupont wires and mounting brackets(but also order a pack of female-female Dupont wires since the sensors and boards are both male, the extensions will come in handy though, another 10 bucks or so). That's 80 bucks roughly for 5 Nano Everys, 5 sensors, the wires and sensor mounting brackets. Not too bad.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Great tutorial! This is great for those who are not fluent in Arduino programming. Now I love the Arduino and do program some for my props but a no brainer ultrasonic range trigger is always a high plus! Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Great tutorial! This is great for those who are not fluent in Arduino programming. Now I love the Arduino and do program some for my props but a no brainer ultrasonic range trigger is always a high plus! Thanks.
Definitely! Whatever gets the job done for you, is what's best.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts