Haunt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a rubber undead monkey on a website that attaches to your shoulder, but it looked kind of un-real and common. Has anyone seen one that looks good or made one that would be willing to share?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I saw that rubber one too, and I agree it looks pretty lame.

I bought a realistic looking plush monkey (which looks very much like your avatar) with the intention of undeading it. Unfortunately, the two year old that my wife babysits fell in love with it and now I don't have the heart to gut it. So I'm making a skeletal parrot instead.

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
Don't know about a monkey, but here's a link to a baby dragon that sits on your shoulder.

In case you can't find the monkey that you're looking for.

Baby Dragon

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, that's similar to the monkey. I guess you could take a stuffed monkey and unstuff it, add some bones, cut away some fur etc....

I was at a Harry Potter outing one time, and I saw a guy with some type of bird that was sitting on his shoulder. It would move its head from side to side, open it's mouth, and flick it's tail. The whole thing was only about 6 inches tall. That would have some possibilities.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I haven't assembled him yet, but I have the pieces. I found this great reference to macaw skeletons on the web,
http://www.skullsite.com/skeletons/Anodorhynchushyacinthinus.htm
The bones I made from sculpy and from a Visible Horse model kit.
for the body I'm using the innards from one of those obnoxious dancing stuffed animals that Wal-Mart has every conceivable holiday. I used the "Lion sleeps tonight" lion from valentine's day. Pealed off the lion part and was left with an armature to attach the parrot bones to. The armature does this neat parrot like rocking back and forth dance. I'll post pics now that I've just committed to finishing it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Oh yeah, I also bought one of these robot macaws from Hasbro.
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HFR77182
He's remote controlled and you can record what he says. Kinda pricey at $70, so I don't want to hack him. He's going to help give out the candy at the front of the haunt. I made a little pirate hat for him and named him "Admiral Bryd"
He now says "pieces of eight", "swab the deck" , "Walk the plank", "shiver my timbers" and a couple of other things that I need to delete before halloween...

·
Registered
405 Posts
That 3-d parrot is the same one I used, only my parrot doesn't look anything like him. I made the head out of clay in 2 parts so next year if I wanted to animate him I could. The body would be ok but I used latex over my wire and batting armatures and the texture is what bugs me the most. I think if I just re-did the body with the same clay I'd like him much more. The animated parrot is very cool too but I prefer the look of skeleton parrot myself.

You could probably make a skeleton monkey yourself using small bones from a ACC bat or spider and sculpt a head with clay. If you could find a 3-d picture of one that is.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yes, you definately will. You motivated me to fix it though. Seams like everything I have left to do needs fixing. I made a swing for him that I like and plan to attach a wiper motor if I can figure out what should go where. I must like the pressure of doing this stuff last minute as I have been goofing off for a couple weeks now.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I saw the Hasbro parrot too, and thought the price was too high for now. I'm hoping to catch him on clearance some time soon, as I don't see it as being a big seller. They have them at my local Walmarts and Targets.

DeathMaster- my work filter sees this website as a hobby site, so it won't let me look at it. I'll have to wait until I get home.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.