Haunt Forum banner

55561 - 55580 of 55582 Posts

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
Happy Easter Everyone! I have this Easter off but I signed up so I work tomorrow. A couple weeks back I purchased a few different colored Easter baskets and this cool color changing grass and filled them up with really cute stuffed bunnies for the different wings; they're in my car trunk and I'll set them up tomorrow when I get in. I also gave out Easter bunnies to residents and staff in the last week or so. Last holiday for awhile...got to get the weirdness out of me, lol.

I did have today off. Two years ago I purchase 14 really beautiful cast iron "Easter Eggs" painted pink and white with gold trim. Oblong, about a foot long and a foot around. They are pretty big. They are Easter lanterns, although I guess you could hang them for any holiday or event. I bought them on sale for 75 cents each and LOVE them! I think at the time they were about 30 bucks each. I purchased 7 pink and 7 white and wish I had more. Anyway today I bought some garden hooks and color changing, led, tea lights from the dollar store and hung the eggs all over the yard: from tree branches, the fences, in the front yard, back yard, by the mail box. They are gorgeous!!!

I also bought a lot of solar stakes, flower seeds and these two adorable solar cement frogs. Their eyes follow you. I don't think that was the plan but when I first saw them I thought, tacky. Then I noticed the big eyes followed me to the side and I thought, how cool are those going to look at night? The eyes don't follow you at night (to bad) but they are still adorable and blindingly bright! You should see how cool they look in the dark or buy one yourself. They had other animals; I wanted an owl but none were left. I think I'm becoming addicted to the dollar tree.

·
Clean "cut"
26,985 Posts
Sounds like you are all set PrettyG, Happy Easter to you and to all the Haunt members

·
Super Moderator
64,091 Posts
PG, you should take a picture of your decorations and post it.

Unrelated to Easter, I got myself a kayak:)

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
I know I should and I want to but I can't with this phone. I'm researching something new now. Those solar cement animals would work really well for Halloween. The eyes are piercing bright and you can't see the animal at night. Just bright eyes at night. I bought a couple more thinking of that and making the animals zombies for daylight; especially with the eyes; yes that's where my mind went when I saw you couldn't make out the bodies at night. Also from the dollar tree black LED (old fashioned, but plastic) lanterns; I bought 11. I have no idea why they are out in April but they are perfect for graveyards. I could also use them in case of hurricanes; I'm storing them in the shed.

Roxy, that Kayak is beautiful! I bet you have a blast!!

·
Super Moderator
64,091 Posts
Project for the next few days - help Spooky1 update the inventory on his collection of comic books. We got through three boxes tonight (each box holds between 200 - 300 comics). Only 19 or so boxes left to go through:D

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Project for the next few days - help Spooky1 update the inventory on his collection of comic books. We got through three boxes tonight (each box holds between 200 - 300 comics). Only 19 or so boxes left to go through:D
I also have comics. (Surprising? Not really, I guess) I use CLZ Comics for my inventory upkeep. I collected steadily in the 70s and 80s, but had to (almost) stop when I got married. I have nearly 5000.

My pride and joy? I got Stan Lee to sign my #1 Iron Man at a comic-con I attended. Got my picture with him too.

·
Typing Lunatic
2,869 Posts
I have a few boxes of comic books also. In fact I still have some that need to be put in the box that have been in a drawer for 18 years now come to think about it.

·
Super Moderator
64,091 Posts
LOL, stick, better late than never:)

Spooky1 has a collection in the neighborhood of 4000 - 6000 comics (best guess). The inventory is the first step towards selling the entire lot, which will open up space in the basement (woo hoo!). Once they’re gone, I’ll have a place for my kayak to be stored (another “woo hoo!”).

·
Clean "cut"
26,985 Posts
I had my second Covid shot 3 or 4 weeks ago and my neighbor lady had her second shot 2 weeks ago today. We are celebrating with Mimosas (in fancy glasses) on her back deck on Sunday. I asked her what time and she said High Noon. I've never had a Mimosa before and also never started drinking at High Noon before!!!

·
Super Moderator
64,091 Posts
What, you’ve never had a mimosa?!? Girl, where have you been?:p That’s one of our go-to drinks for celebrating anything.

Years ago we used to occasionally go to an all-you-can-eat Sunday brunch at one of the local hotels that included free mimosas. A server would walk around the dining area carrying a pitcher of mimosa and top you up as needed.

·
Clean "cut"
26,985 Posts
^ In spite of having been a bartender for several of my younger years I am not much of a drinker. When I did the Krewe of Boo in New Orleans a couple years ago the Mimosas were flowing at the fancy luncheon but I opted for just orange juice. My Sweetie says if I can't stumble home after, he will come haul me home in the wheelbarrow

·
Clean "cut"
26,985 Posts
My neighbor was up sick all night so there is a hold on the Mimosas, she was so apologetic, I told her the champagne would still be good another day

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
Mimosas are my breakfast/brunch go-to drinks on some weekends. I sometimes do a pomegranate wine or juice with champagne. It's a nice color for Valentines Day or Christmas.

Hubby and I received our first shot on 4/3/21 (day before Easter). I wore my Easter bonnet. I figured that it's the only time I would be walking around I'm gonna do, I might as well be sporting it. We didn't have much of a reaction but were very tired on Easter.

·
Super Moderator
64,091 Posts
22 long boxes of comics inventoried, another one and a half to go. I could use a mimosa right about now🙃

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
^ In spite of having been a bartender for several of my younger years I am not much of a drinker. When I did the Krewe of Boo in New Orleans a couple years ago the Mimosas were flowing at the fancy luncheon but I opted for just orange juice. My Sweetie says if I can't stumble home after, he will come haul me home in the wheelbarrow
^ That's funny! I love mimosas but realized, after reading this, I haven't had one in over twenty years. No real reason, just haven't thought about it I guess. I'm sorry your neighbor is sick Hairazor but you're right, the Champagne will be good another day and then you'll both have an enjoyable time! :D

I'm finally getting a new roof. Much more expensive than I researched (I had to bundle the roof money with the fix the pool money from our horrible mortgage and take out a second loan) but it's been so long since that tree fell on the house and started all this so I'm very excited and very nervous. If everything goes well my rotting, hole ridden, foam, flat roof will be replaced with a polyglass, tappered, hurricane resistant, rain proof roof I won't have to worry about for the next 30 years. Hurray! Tear-off starts tomorrow. My cat Lucy is going to have a cow. Poor kitty, she is going to be locked up in the garage during the day while this is going on.

·
Clean "cut"
26,985 Posts
Hope all goes well with the roofing (you know like no rain during the process) PrettyG

·
Super Moderator
64,091 Posts
The owner of the comic book store that Spooky1 has known for over 30 years told him he was in the market to buy (the pandemic has been really good for the online side of his business). He said if Spooky1 was interested in selling, he’d take a look at the collection and make an offer.
CHEERS!

(I'm curious as to how you're going to go about selling your comics ... ? )

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
Just before I left for work this morning I was told the roof needs more wood 10,730.00 over worst case of 26,000. Est. was 24,000, I have no idea what to think. I knew we had major problems, so did they. I feel so stupid. Is this a rip off or just the way it is? I don't know. I keep on googling questions but get no answers. I'm so upset. Yesterday they told me they needed 9 more plywood and asked me to sign off so I did. I thought OK, 100 per plywood another 1,000. I knew the roof was rotten. But I was leaving for work and what I was told I didn't understand, misunderstood that they were charging over 7,000 dollars. I signed it. Another 3 k today. This means I can't fix anything else (including the interior) or go back to school. I don't know what to do or who to ask if this is legitimate.

55561 - 55580 of 55582 Posts