Haunt Forum banner

55581 - 55598 of 55598 Posts

·
Clean "cut"
26,997 Posts
That sucks PrettyG, especially when you are headed to work. Sweetie said lumber has gone up big time twice since the first of the year around here. Do you have a written estimate? Don't know if that would help.

·
Typing Lunatic
2,873 Posts
Price for wood is going thru the roof all over the place PrettyGoul. I have heard that it has triple around here.

·
Super Moderator
64,103 Posts
Mother Nature took a side trip to winter temperatures for a couple days here, and is now back on track for spring/summer weather. Time to get some tomato and pepper plants into the ground.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
I'm working on tomato plants. :D

Roofers finished, I think. Hard to tell as they took my Werner extension ladder. GRR!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I'm working on tomato plants. :D
I'm working on an office chair. Less chance of a leafy wedgie that way ... bought a new mattress over the weekend. Hadn't bought one in about 12 years, I guess. Sticker shock nearly killed me. Then we went grocery shopping afterward ... has anyone else noticed the price of meat going through the roof? Gas, wood, food ... honestly, I'm thinking of volunteering to be one of the first to colonize Mars just to get away from all this BS.

·
Super Moderator
64,103 Posts
Funny thing about sorting through and organizing stuff in your basement - you find things you didn’t know you had:) You also find things that you can’t remember what the reason for buying them was.

·
Super Moderator
64,103 Posts
Lol, Doc, you slay me:p

As a kid, I once found a complete mouse skeleton in my grandmother’s attic room. I kept it in a box for a long time as one of the coolest things I ever found.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
I got my ladder back! I was irked about that. This was the third time a work crew has walked away with my extension ladder. I didn't get the others back. This one I hid and it still vanished. I had to leave a few voice messages and then talk to someone but I got it back! Small victories.

·
Super Moderator
64,103 Posts
PG, your disappearing ladders story reminds me of a client I knew years ago who was constantly losing coolers on job sites when people “borrowed” them. He finally bought one that was bright pink, and never had a problem again:p

·
Clean "cut"
26,997 Posts
It's really sad we have 22K members and about a couple dozen who contribute with any regularity. Seems even less participation since the format change

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
^ Yeah, I noticed that. I'm listed with you and Roxy as one of the top 3 contributors this month and when I read that I thought: "that can't be a good sign" lol. But you know what? I think it may just be that we're coming out of the covid -19 lock down and people are just out there, getting back to life and not online as much. That's a good thing and maybe in a few months things will go back to normal here.

Speaking of covid, we are having a mini outbreak at work. One of the nursing assistants caught it, she is really sick and infected several people on her hall. They infected others and well, several are now in the hospital. I'm just so sad about it. I'm also somewhat concerned for myself as when the vaccine was offered I was in the 90 day window and was told to wait. It's being offered again in 2 weeks.

·
Typing Lunatic
2,873 Posts
Prettyghoul stay safe at work (everywhere) and hope you are able to get a shot very soon. I was able to get my first shot this past Friday.

·
Clean "cut"
26,997 Posts
Oh no, PrettyG. Hopefully you will have enough antibodies to keep you safe till you get your shot/shots. Hope for the best for your co-workers.

·
Muddled Moderator
28,210 Posts
PG, hope you can stay safe until you can get vaccinated. I just got my second shot a couple days ago, hoping to move closer to normality (whatever that is) soon.

·
Super Moderator
64,103 Posts
“Normal” and “haunter” definitely don’t go together :p

I put some zinnia seedlings outside today. Fingers crossed that squirrels will not decide that the big pot they’re in is perfect for burying something.

55581 - 55598 of 55598 Posts