Haunt Forum banner

55621 - 55640 of 55684 Posts

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
Doc so lovely!! Have you seen the green flash at sunset yet? In all the years I've lived here I've only seen it once. You have to really look when the sun is setting over the ocean. It's a fraction of a second but beautiful!

I have to say I love your table! Very nice! Is it Teak? Pretty! Where did you get that?

Roxy, my brother did it! He bought this machine: hydrostar drain cleaner from Home Depot or someplace got up on the roof and cleared the kitchen drain (holy mother of gawd). This weekend it just seemed to push the clog further down but yesterday he did it. He bought a extension snake and the kitchen drain is running great. I have to admit I was silently saying to myself: "we need to call a plumber, a plumber, now!" I'm glad I didn't scream that out loud because I wanted to! He did such an excellent job!! I'm impressed but also I still wish I could do this type of thing. If I were alone it would never even cross my mind to learn how to do this. It sort of blows my mind that he does.

He was funny, he left me a message that I didn't hear until tonight saying " hey, I unclogged the drain and it took me 3.5 hours so I think you should do the dishes (stack of dishes from 6 days)" {we often don't see each other because he works very early and I don't get home until after midnight, if I'm lucky). Just heard the message tonight and oops he already did them. LOL

I can do some things. I have a very nice front walk that needs repair and I think I can do that. I've been reading about it and watching others on utube. I'm debating drywall. After the roof I want to fix the ceiling myself so we'll see.

·
Super Moderator
64,128 Posts
Doc, you are such a hoot:p

PG, glad to hear the sink thing worked out for you. Home repairs can seem daunting, but I’m a big believer in starting with a confidence-building small task and then working up to bigger projects.

Spooky1 and I took the kayaks out for a spin today - it was the maiden voyage for mine. She tended to want to drift to the port side, but handled well other than that. It was a nice day to be out on a lake.

·
Clean "cut"
27,077 Posts
Turns out we have a family of raccoons living on our porch roof. Sweetie is busy trying to set up a live trap for them. We live 1 house from a highway and the road past our house is a major city street with a gas station across the street, what is Mama thinking?

·
Typing Lunatic
2,881 Posts
Hairazor she was thinking she does does not have to go far when she needs gas during a gas shortage.

·
Clean "cut"
27,077 Posts
^ Of course, what was I thinking? (y)

·
Super Moderator
64,128 Posts
The Cicada Two Step - the maneuvers you perform on sidewalks to avoid stepping on multitudes of large insects:oops::p The emergence of the big brood of 17-year cicadas is in full swing in our area, and they are everywhere.

·
Muddled Moderator
28,227 Posts
Happy Birthday, to my Sweetie RoxyBlue

·
Super Moderator
64,128 Posts
LOL, Hairazor, we once witnessed a man wearing a kilt in the breeze outside an Irish pub. I am forever scarred by the sight:eek:o_O:p

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
Happy Belated Birthday Roxy!!!! I hope you enjoyed a wonderful day!!! (sorry I'm late, was working doubles this weekend).

·
Super Moderator
64,128 Posts
Thanks for the birthday wishes, my dears! DandyB, I wouldn’t be 21 again for anything - much more fun to be older and crustier and not worried about what people think of you:p

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Had to give in and order a new phone. The old one wouldn't charge unless I jammed the plug into it really hard and bent it around and held it in place ... then it wouldn't hold a charge for more than a couple of hours. It's a 6S so no one thought it worth the effort to try to fix it. But hopefully the new phone will take kick-a** photos of my Props for this year. I'll share when it happens.

On a lighter note, had pizza and beer and watched Scoobynatural last night for my birthday. (It's an episode of Supernatural that crosses over into ScoobyDoo) A must see for anyone who is a fan of either show.

·
Typing Lunatic
2,881 Posts
Happy Birthday Dr. Maniaco.
My phone is starting to do all the stuff your phone did. Good luck with your new phone.

55621 - 55640 of 55684 Posts