Haunt Forum banner
55661 - 55680 of 55815 Posts

·
Muddled Moderator
28,241 Posts
Belated Happy Birthday, Dr. M. Looks like you had a relaxing time in FL.

DD, hope your hubby recovers quickly.

·
Muddled Moderator
28,241 Posts

Roxy and I out on the lake the other day.

·
Clean "cut"
27,445 Posts
"My paddle's clean and bright, dip dip and swing" from an old Girl Scout paddling song

·
Super Moderator
64,182 Posts
There are four or five lakes in our area that are great for kayaking and not far from our house. We’ve been out twice since the weather (and water) warmed up.

·
Super Moderator
64,182 Posts
Sometimes the best thing to do is nothing at all:)

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
I'm trying to get permission to take a vacation. I haven't taken one in years and last year I was cashed out without my knowledge, I'm still mad about it. Now the scheduler is freaked that I actually want time off. One of my close friends has asked me to come to Massachusetts for the fourth and I told her "I"M GOING". I've given plenty of advance notice. That is that. But I'm worried they are going to say no. They lost so many nurses and CNAs but not my fault and I'm so burnt out, I just want to leave. I've worked the last couple 4th of July, not to mention all holidays I haven't taken any vacation days in almost three years. I think I'm due. To be fair I haven't asked before. I think I was always afraid I'd have an emergency so I was holding on to it, but they cashed me out anyway (I was told it would roll over) now I'm going to lose this if I don't use it within the next month so bite me. I also have sick days that are use it or lose it. You don't even get cashed out for those. I feel like I should just call off and use those for mental health days and take all of my vacation days. I need time off, I am seriously worried about my bad attitude. I'm just not happy lately.

I also want a block of time to polish up my finances, spring clean my house, do yard work, pay attention to and get things in order. I want to go to the beach!!

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
I have a resident with the cutest dog. The facility is allowing pets back; I missed them so! She's a retired RN and her first question to me on admission was "can my dog visit?" LOL My answer was YES. So her baby comes every day. Today, every time I tried to leave the room her dog would come after me and try and pull me back in. It just killed me. I call her a princess and she just is!

·
Clean "cut"
27,445 Posts
Hey PrettyG, take all the days you have coming and do what ever you want!! You work hard, you deserve it!!

·
Super Moderator
64,182 Posts
Doc, you never fail yo crack me up. I so enjoy your posts:)

PG, you’re not going to earn awards for not using your vacation time, so start taking breaks from work. I used to take my vacation time in little chunks, adding a day or two onto a weekend. It’s like taking mini vacations multiple times a year - mentally refreshing and less disruptive than a long break can be.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
A patient I really wanted to get stronger passed away and I went on a bitchaton you wouldn't believe. This happened last week when I was bitching about going on vacation but I didn't connect the dots, I didn't realize how angry her death made me. I was a nightmare on Friday. It was like I was outside of myself and saw how awful I was being and kept trying to stop but couldn't. I just really wanted her to be well and she was gone and all I could think of was her grand daughter sleeping over at the facility and planning these trips to Alaska and I wanted it to be true. I was angry. I came back from a day off and no one told me she passed or how and I lost it. I was so unpleasant for two days I'm surprised someone didn't report me. Maybe someone did, hard to say. I should know better. We're told from day one not to bring it home with us . She's the second one who's broken my heart.

·
Guardian of Darkness
39,824 Posts
What happened?
I feel like I went on vacation and came back to find someone had redecorated my home! :eek:
Just want to know one thing.....
Is it Glitter proof?:devilish::devilish::devilish:
Muhahahahaha 👻💀

Things have been quiet for me. Hope everyone is doing well.
A bat got in the house Wednesday morning! Opened the door and it flew out! Not sure how
it got in! My brother and sister seen it, I was asleep.....said it was a BIG bat!

A girl I worked with got covid 19 during a girl's night out in May. Last time I heard
from her was May 19th. Someone in her family told me she was in the ICU, that
the doctor said she was doing better! That was June 1st, haven't heard anything
else since! Gonna send her a get well card, see if I get any response!

The man next door finally broke down and sold his house! In December 2010 he
worked on the furnace himself and it blew up! Had to rebuild the roof, two bedrooms,
part of the kitchen, and replace the furnace. All that was left was the hardwood floors and I
guess the money run out! Insurance wouldn't cover it because he did it himself
instead of hiring professional! The fire marshall wouldn't let him rent it anymore
until all the repairs were completed. The new owner had someone working on the
floor so he and his father can move in. Sad thing is the guy that was renting had all
his son's Santa Claus in one of the bedrooms and it got burnt up! My neighbor had
to reinburse for everything he lost ( clothes & furniture)
Moral is: Unless you know what you're doing, let a professional work on your furnace!
His "do it yourself" repairs ending up costing him more than the repairman
would!

I think this is the first time I've been back in
3 months! My short term memory doesn't work
good anymore since the stroke, sometimes I plan to come on here, but simply forget to! The reason
I'm on here now is because I did it while I was thinking about it! I still have problems with the typing
the letter D in words. Like I might type the word people like this....peodple. Doesn; happen when I
write by hand. I think the computer screen might be causing it!

Gonna run........be back, if I remember it!

·
Guardian of Darkness
39,824 Posts
Oh yeah, just noticed........June 2nd was my 12 year anniversary on the forum! 👻 👻💀
Tell the truth, I never expected to make it this far!

·
Super Moderator
64,182 Posts
Welcome back, Goblin! Now go get a broom and clean up the glitter mess you left:p

55661 - 55680 of 55815 Posts