55681 - 55700 of 55815 Posts

·
Clean "cut"
27,445 Posts
Good to hear from you Goblin, with or without a D

·
Guardian of Darkness
39,824 Posts
Finally getting the air conditioner / heating fixed on the van! They said it will take about 5 hours!
Hope it won't cost an arm and a leg! Keep your fingers crossed.

Starting to feel my age! Go to bed with aches and pains, wake up with aches and pains! I helped
the young ones work in the yard, my nephew told me I should be able to work harder! I looked at
him and said, "I'm almost 71, I have a bad heart, had a stroke and three surguries, fallen arches,
heel spurs, and arthritis in both feet, and on my worse day I can still work rings around you!. I
really can't :) but don't tell him that! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I tell Andrew, (he owns the comic shop) "look at me, and you'll see yourself in 40 or 50 years!"
Seen on Face book that a boy I went to school with finally decided to hang it up and retire! He's
two years younger than me. Was a vice-president at Townes Funeral home! I told him I didn't
choose to retire....I had no choice!

Gonna call it a night..........

"Watch out for the Glitter Bats!" 🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇

·
Clean "cut"
27,445 Posts
Those dang bats drizzle glitter wherever they go

·
Guardian of Darkness
39,824 Posts
CHARLIE! :):):)

Got the air conditioner fixed on the van! Cost $552.00.
Something gone wrong in the dashboard!

No more riding with the windows down! :)

·
Super Moderator
64,182 Posts
I’m sitting here thinking I should be doing something constructive, but if I give it some time, that feeling will pass….:D

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,776 Posts
Wow - there's kayaking, glitter, bats and air conditioning since I last visited.

Not much happening with me these days. I have been laying low. On Sunday the 6th, hubby and I were finishing up breakfast and I decided to take the day off - do friggin' nothing - that lasted about 2 seconds. Hubby comes in and tells the the wolfdogs (Goliath and Koda) are in our yard. I check out the window and sure enough, Goliath is in the pond trying to cool off (it was 94 degrees w/humidity). I go out to get them out of the yard and get them back into their pens. The other neighbors were outside and the dogs kept jumping the fences going in and out of everyone's yard. I started to the house to see if someone was home and Goliath came up from behind me and clipped me. He grabbed the back of my arm and and scratched my back which tore my teeshirt. I was in pain right away. Then he jumped the fence and chased my neighbor and her chilhauhaus (Flash & Rosie) into the house. He also got in the house himself. I say "clipped" because if he really would have bit me, I think it would have been a really bad scenario and I would be in worse shape than what I went through. I finally made it back to house and the neighbors called the cops and EMTs because they saw what happened to me. The EMTs did check me and my arm looked swollen with welts. I didn't want to go to the hospital because I thought I was just upset and the pain would go away because it just happened. Even the EMT checked my arm and said it might get worse. I went in the house and got the ice pack to put on it. Meanwhile, the neighbor's SIL came over and was trying to calm everyone down and said her brother was out of town for the day. Hubby was not calming down one bit after trying to defend me by getting me back in the house, the dogs kept trying to separate us. It was ugly. All this happened between 11:45 a.m. and ended 12:50 p.m. The dogs did jump the fence and headed down the baseball fields were the kids and parents were. It wasn't until 3 p.m. they finally got all three wolfdogs (Goliath, Koda & Nova) were finally caught. They were back in the pens by 8 p.m. that night. By Monday the 7th, my arm was a swollen, black & blue hot painful mess. I have been icing it down all day and night. I had numbness and tingling for a couple of days. I still have bruising and still have pain but it has subsided so I know I'm on the mend. The weird thing about this experience is that I really didn't want to deal with anything for a couple of days. I went to work and just tried getting through the day and pain. Hubby and my boss told me I was probably in shock. Boss wanted me to go home but as long as I had an icepack, I could deal with it. The neighbor hasn't even come around to see to see us about this issue. Their yard is right up against ours. They are planning on moving to another house about 45 minutes away on the 24th. As much as I like the dogs, I'm glad to see them go. Their property was a postage stamp and their pens were small for 3 full-sized wolfdogs. The dogs were always pacing and fighting with each other (dominance). Funny thing about this is I was the only one in the neighborhood that liked the dogs - the neighborhood was always were leary of them. I used to have "howling sessions" with them. The other dogs in the neighborhood have been stopping by to check up on me and I give them treats and pets. I did tell my brother about this on Friday. I got an earful from him as to why we haven't called. As I said, I just was in a fog and didn't want to deal with anything. I'm starting to feel like myself and even started back on walking/jogging in the morning. Just had to let you know what I was up to.

·
Clean "cut"
27,445 Posts
Yowza Death's Door, way to take it easy! Glad to hear you are starting to heal!

·
Guardian of Darkness
39,824 Posts
Glad you're heling up Death's Door!

My brother had his eyes examined today. Found out he has cataracts! I've been down that road
myself in 2002! Both eyes......cost 10,000 an eye......glad I had health insurance! Good note, I
got 20/20 from the surgury alone! Had been badly nearsighted since I was 10 years old! Had to
wear glasses with thick lenses. He has to go back on August 2nd. I told him it's probably to
discuss the surgury!
I need to get them to check my right eye.....vision is slightly blurred. Not sure if it's a film over the
lens from my cataract surgury, like my sister, (laser cleared it) or from the stroke!

I’m usually sitting here thinking I should be doing something destructive! :devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:
Muhahahahaha............I usually do too!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
64,182 Posts
Trying to propel a kayak against the wind definitely qualifies as an upper body workout:p

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
PG, you’re not going to earn awards for not using your vacation time, so start taking breaks from work. I used to take my vacation time in little chunks, adding a day or two onto a weekend. It’s like taking mini vacations multiple times a year - mentally refreshing and less disruptive than a long break can be.
Roxy, you're right and I should know better. I was rejected for the 4th but I'm reapplying for a few mini vacations within the next 30 days, hopefully before I'm cashed out. I just find it difficult to plan breaks/vacations without a plan. Business is different. One plans a real vacation in advance or takes days off when needed (hard to do that 30 days in advance).

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Yowza Death's Door, way to take it easy! Glad to hear you are starting to heal!
Wow - there's kayaking, glitter, bats and air conditioning since I last visited.

Not much happening with me these days. I have been laying low. On Sunday the 6th, hubby and I were finishing up breakfast and I decided to take the day off - do friggin' nothing - that lasted about 2 seconds. Hubby comes in and tells the the wolfdogs (Goliath and Koda) are in our yard. I check out the window and sure enough, Goliath is in the pond trying to cool off (it was 94 degrees w/humidity). I go out to get them out of the yard and get them back into their pens. The other neighbors were outside and the dogs kept jumping the fences going in and out of everyone's yard. I started to the house to see if someone was home and Goliath came up from behind me and clipped me. He grabbed the back of my arm and and scratched my back which tore my teeshirt. I was in pain right away. Then he jumped the fence and chased my neighbor and her chilhauhaus (Flash & Rosie) into the house. He also got in the house himself. I say "clipped" because if he really would have bit me, I think it would have been a really bad scenario and I would be in worse shape than what I went through. I finally made it back to house and the neighbors called the cops and EMTs because they saw what happened to me. The EMTs did check me and my arm looked swollen with welts. I didn't want to go to the hospital because I thought I was just upset and the pain would go away because it just happened. Even the EMT checked my arm and said it might get worse. I went in the house and got the ice pack to put on it. Meanwhile, the neighbor's SIL came over and was trying to calm everyone down and said her brother was out of town for the day. Hubby was not calming down one bit after trying to defend me by getting me back in the house, the dogs kept trying to separate us. It was ugly. All this happened between 11:45 a.m. and ended 12:50 p.m. The dogs did jump the fence and headed down the baseball fields were the kids and parents were. It wasn't until 3 p.m. they finally got all three wolfdogs (Goliath, Koda & Nova) were finally caught. They were back in the pens by 8 p.m. that night. By Monday the 7th, my arm was a swollen, black & blue hot painful mess. I have been icing it down all day and night. I had numbness and tingling for a couple of days. I still have bruising and still have pain but it has subsided so I know I'm on the mend. The weird thing about this experience is that I really didn't want to deal with anything for a couple of days. I went to work and just tried getting through the day and pain. Hubby and my boss told me I was probably in shock. Boss wanted me to go home but as long as I had an icepack, I could deal with it. The neighbor hasn't even come around to see to see us about this issue. Their yard is right up against ours. They are planning on moving to another house about 45 minutes away on the 24th. As much as I like the dogs, I'm glad to see them go. Their property was a postage stamp and their pens were small for 3 full-sized wolfdogs. The dogs were always pacing and fighting with each other (dominance). Funny thing about this is I was the only one in the neighborhood that liked the dogs - the neighborhood was always were leary of them. I used to have "howling sessions" with them. The other dogs in the neighborhood have been stopping by to check up on me and I give them treats and pets. I did tell my brother about this on Friday. I got an earful from him as to why we haven't called. As I said, I just was in a fog and didn't want to deal with anything. I'm starting to feel like myself and even started back on walking/jogging in the morning. Just had to let you know what I was up to.

Death's Door I'm so sorry this happened to you and glad you are feeling better! I know that you are a huge animal lover and I really appreciate that but I'm not so sure wolves make great pets. That's the thing with wild animals, even when they love a human it's unpredictable what they will do.

Probably a good thing your neighbors are moving away. I hope they move some place where wolves can be wolves. I am so glad you are OK!!!!!

·
Guardian of Darkness
39,824 Posts
Didn't forget to come back last night........I was sick!🤮

·
Super Moderator
64,182 Posts
Hey, no puking in the forum!:p

·
Guardian of Darkness
39,824 Posts
I apologize to all the friendly folk who might be reading:)

Oops! I forgot, being the King of the Goblins means you NEVER have to say you're sorry! :devilish:🎃👾👻

·
Super Moderator
64,182 Posts
^Ha!:p

Not having any unstructured thoughts at the moment. Must be the summer heat.

·
Muddled Moderator
28,241 Posts
Glad to see you back Goblin!
DD - hope the arm is better, I love dogs, but some folks are not responsible enough and shouldn’t have them.

55681 - 55700 of 55815 Posts