55921 - 55940 of 55979 Posts

·
Clean "cut"
27,578 Posts
^ About spit out my morning Latte

·
Super Moderator
64,254 Posts
You know, Hairazor, a tiramisu cake recipe would make for a distinctively different epitaph on a tombstone, plus guarantee you’d get a lot of visitors to your gravesite. Just sayin’…..:p

·
Batty Beautiful
5,646 Posts
So, I'm back in Facebook jail... this time I want even trying to be offensive... was making a joke about squirrel meat..

Anyway, I've never had tiramisu cake before, but I'd love to try it!

·
Super Moderator
64,254 Posts
Tiramisu is wonderful, DA, highly recommend.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
My covid arm has faded. I had a huge red, itchy circle around my injection site. It showed up about three days after my shot and it's finally gone. I looked it up and it was an allergic reaction, not severe enough to prevent the second shot. Maybe because I already had covid? no answers.

Work is the same. It feels like everyone has covid. Most mild and come back after ten days, a few have been gone for a month or so. A lot of people have quit,

I had to go to the grocery store today so used it as an excuse to run next door to the dollar tree. I bought a bunch of glass candleholders, orange, hanging , jack o lanterns and then saw these cute white ceramic ghosts. so I purchased two. At home I realized they were led color changing ghosts. I thought they were solar. I love them. They are about 6 inches high, ceramic and their eyes change colors (batteries included). Anyway I think they'd be good for Halloween parties. On tables, niches or bathrooms. Very bright light, I'm going to try and go back for a few more. I'm going to hang the jack o lanterns from trees but in the back yard.

I have a bunch of cloth wine bags I've collected over the years, so I stored the glass jack o lanterns in them: two per quarter to keep them from breaking. Also works to protect glass vases. Just an idea.

I am still thrilled with my dollar tree concrete solar animals (mostly frogs, but a couple of groundhogs and foxes). Still love them and they are going strong! I have learned that in order to last until about 1AM they have to have full sunlight. They are waterproof to a point but now that we're in rainy season I have them under the eaves and they are now only lasting about two hours. Just in case anyone is interested.

·
Clean "cut"
27,578 Posts
You know, Hairazor, a tiramisu cake recipe would make for a distinctively different epitaph on a tombstone, plus guarantee you’d get a lot of visitors to your gravesite. Just sayin’…..:p

That would be a mighty big tombstone and if they charge by the word I would have to keep working after death to pay for it, heehee

PrettyG, now I need to make a trip to my local Dollar Tree

·
Super Moderator
64,254 Posts
I wonder if I own any stock in Dollar Tree?……:p

·
Super Moderator
64,254 Posts
It was 59 degrees this morning when we took the dog out for a walk - sunny, breezy, and just a tantalizing hint of the fall weather to come. First thing we did when we got home was to open up every window in the house.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
I wonder if I own any stock in Dollar Tree?……:p

LOL, OK that made me laugh out loud!! I know I've gotten weird about the dollar tree. Has this stuff always been this good? My obsession started back in February when I created that Valentine's Day door. Also I think covid has made sure I have no life so shopping is fun and shopping at a dollar tree is better than going broke buying expensive clothes or jewelry (which I could totally see myself doing)! Is this a good time to admit I went back this morning and purchased a couple more led color changing ghosts? I think someone hid them because I thought they were wiped out and then I found four pushed behind and covered with other stuff. I then casually added a few more orange, glass jack o lantern, hanging tea light holders for the back yard. Oh, and a couple of glow in the dark skellys for the telephone poles.

I will not back down from my true love for the concrete solar frogs. They are awesome!!! Even my brother (who has become slightly concerned over my dollar tree spending habits) loves them. Well....he'll push them under the eaves if it's raining to hard. I take that as an admission he likes them.

·
Batty Beautiful
5,646 Posts
It's been a while since Ive truly been excited for Halloween, but this time it's a whole different experience.

I was up early, trying not wake Marcus up, but my head was full of fun ideas for spooky treats I could make for my soon to be step sons. Lucas and Kayden. I know they're both teenagers so I dont know what's cool for kids their age now. Also, I've been thinking I really want to try for that punch with the dry ice stuff in it...

·
Super Moderator
64,254 Posts
Saw this on Facebook and it pretty much describes us to a T.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
My grandson Ryden who took most of my Halloween props is now push Pam hard for my spooky town collection. I guess he just can't wait. I'm thinking if I give it to him now that's 4 large bins I don't have to transport when I move. But I just can't seem to let go of it yet.
HR have we determined the time between archeology and grave robbery yet? Thinking tiramisu cake sounds delicious.😋

·
Headless & Haunting
Creating a massive fundraiser haunted house for our local Scout group.
4,782 Posts
Welcome back, DA! Been kinda quiet around here, except for when Goblin shows up and throws glitter everywhere:p
It's been a while since I've visited too but I was having a chat with Copchick today and said how Facebook is really depressing me and I miss the HauntForum chats. And then I thought - well get your butt back over there! So here I am.

I am very glad to hear Goblin is still spreading cheer....... errrr glitter...... so much in life has changed in the past 18 months it's reassuring to know some things stay the same.

Australia has been battling the Delta variant and a new outbreak is causing a lot of headaches. Apparently we are now in a race to get as many people vaccinated as possible before we can get out of the house again and see family. We are currently under rules that see us restricted to travel within 5km from home. My daughter & 2 grand children are an hour away so we have to rely on video chats. It's not the same but at least for the time being we are all still here to do that. Shane and I have had both shots so we're just hoping the rest of the country catch up asap.

Sorry to read all the drama PG but thanks for all you and your colleagues do. The worst isn't over here but hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel.

We've already pulled the pin on our Haunted House fundraiser for the local scouts for the 2nd year in a row. I'm disappointed but glad we made the call early because last year it went down to the wire and it was heartbreaking to have to make the decision late. But I've been having a ball making props and will continue to do so in the hope 2022 can be a massive bumper year. Just sad the scouts will have now missed out on about $7000 in funds the event would have brought in over those two years.....

Stay safe everyone. I hope to keep in touch and see what everyone is doing from now on.

·
Muddled Moderator
28,261 Posts
CH, welcome to retirement!

Headless, sorry to hear the fundraiser got canceled. COVID sucks.

·
Super Moderator
64,254 Posts
I may be in the minority here, but I have no desire to own a 12 foot Home Depot skeleton:p

55921 - 55940 of 55979 Posts