Haunt Forum banner
55941 - 55960 of 55979 Posts

·
Guardian of Darkness
39,892 Posts
Got my 6 months heart chckup today.....hope everything goes okay! Going to the beach Friday!
10-19th!

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
It's been a while since I've visited too but I was having a chat with Copchick today and said how Facebook is really depressing me and I miss the HauntForum chats. And then I thought - well get your butt back over there! So here I am.

I am very glad to hear Goblin is still spreading cheer....... errrr glitter...... so much in life has changed in the past 18 months it's reassuring to know some things stay the same.

Australia has been battling the Delta variant and a new outbreak is causing a lot of headaches. Apparently we are now in a race to get as many people vaccinated as possible before we can get out of the house again and see family. We are currently under rules that see us restricted to travel within 5km from home. My daughter & 2 grand children are an hour away so we have to rely on video chats. It's not the same but at least for the time being we are all still here to do that. Shane and I have had both shots so we're just hoping the rest of the country catch up asap.

Sorry to read all the drama PG but thanks for all you and your colleagues do. The worst isn't over here but hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel.

We've already pulled the pin on our Haunted House fundraiser for the local scouts for the 2nd year in a row. I'm disappointed but glad we made the call early because last year it went down to the wire and it was heartbreaking to have to make the decision late. But I've been having a ball making props and will continue to do so in the hope 2022 can be a massive bumper year. Just sad the scouts will have now missed out on about $7000 in funds the event would have brought in over those two years.....

Stay safe everyone. I hope to keep in touch and see what everyone is doing from now on.

Oh Headless, so nice to see you!!! I hope you come back often!! It's really interesting to me, to hear of the restrictions where you live. Here they seem to change daily and most of it seems business driven. I'm so sorry to hear your fundraiser is cancelled. Such a pity. Hopefully next year the world will be on track!

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
So tonight, I was waiting for my agency replacement, who was late and the until manager gets a visit from an angry nurse from the covid until. The replacement nurse over there is agency, has a temp, refuses to work the covid unit (should be going home, out of the building anyway) and the don is ordering our regular RN to go to the covid unit and the sick ass agency nurse to come to the clean E unit. Six pairs of pissed off eyes are staring. No sick medical personnel should be here. It's unbelievable. This is the new don. In a case like this, the sick nurse immediately is sent away and if regular or agency personnel isn't available the don, assistant don or another unit manager is called in. We have patients here who are scared to death of covid, we have promised to protect them and now a sick agency nurse (a sick agency nurse is also responsible for infecting the entire building) is switching with the night RN? Everyone was furiously angry and could do nothing. I have to say her response was impressive. She was fully aware how angry everyone was and so she remained calm and used her calm voice to say she was going to remain on the unit until she was contacted directly. She's good. Not liked by some because, as far as I can tell, she's so good.

So, I'm late leaving (because of my late replacement).. I see the RN talking intimately to a CNA and I walk up, as usual, quiet as a mouse. I saw their faces and I just knew. I said "C" you're leaving aren't you? I've seen that look here, I know it. Yep, she's been offered a great new job. We're about to lose another great RN. (sigh). If she had any doubts, tonight probably confirmed it. ....and that's how you lose great people.

·
Super Moderator
64,254 Posts
PG, that facility is ripe for an investigation team from a local news agency to come in and blow that mismanagement wide open. Patients are being put at risk because someone is trying to cut corners and clearly doesn’t give a rat’s ass about the people they’re supposed to be caring for.

·
Guardian of Darkness
39,892 Posts
Blood pressure was excellent. EKG looked good. Blood work didn't hurt as much as it usually does!
Waiting for the results! He wants to do an ultrasound in October to see how my heart valves doing!

Now, I'm ready for vacation! :):):)

·
Typing Lunatic
2,906 Posts
Have fun on your much needed Vacation Goblin.

PG try to keep your head up and hope things get better soon.

·
Clean "cut"
27,578 Posts
Sounds like a good check up Goblin, go dig in the sand and bask in the sun

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,782 Posts
Hey Goblin - Good Job on the check up. I hope you have a great time! Sounds like you're trading glitter for sand!

PG - I am sorry that this is happening with the management and you are dealing with it. It's downright insane. I remember working with the HR department for a hospital as a temp a lot of nurses would come in and change positions or departments when one was available. You could see the frustration and/or burn out expression on them. That was back in 2017. It's probably off the hook right now and dealing with covid.

On Monday Hubby and I celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary. We stayed home and hung around the house. Took down the pool and put that away. I made seafood fra diavlo (scallops, shrimps, clams, mussels) with linguine and garlic bread. Patches and ET (the turtles) joined us for dinner (their tank is on the table) and they enjoyed their sun-dried shrimp.

I will have to take current pictures of them. They are growing leaps and bounds. I did mention before that we would probably keep them for a year or two, however, the size they are growing, it might be earlier than that. We are thinking about putting them in our pond out back and put a temporary fence around it so they can get a to a size where they won't be in danger of predators.

This week I will start haunting the house.

·
Super Moderator
64,254 Posts
Here it is September and I haven’t begun work on any new props. We are, however, making progress on house projects that have needed doing for a while.

·
Clean "cut"
27,578 Posts
Happy Anniversary Death's Door

·
Muddled Moderator
28,261 Posts
Abby checking out my recent purchase.
Wood Fawn Working animal Toy Flooring

·
Muddled Moderator
28,261 Posts
Happy Anniversary DD!

Goblin, glad the checkup went well, enjoy your beach time.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Abby is so beautiful! I can't remember if I've said but I'm looking to adopt a dog. I've been watching the shelters for quite some time now. I tend to believe animals adopt a person as much as we adopt them so I'm waiting on that connection and also a dog that needs me as much as I need them and a dog that gets along with cats (my beloved Lucy). I've also always loved larger dogs. Probably because as a child we always had large dogs.

PS: Spooky1 I LOVE your recent purchase!!

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Hey Goblin - Good Job on the check up. I hope you have a great time! Sounds like you're trading glitter for sand!

PG - I am sorry that this is happening with the management and you are dealing with it. It's downright insane. I remember working with the HR department for a hospital as a temp a lot of nurses would come in and change positions or departments when one was available. You could see the frustration and/or burn out expression on them. That was back in 2017. It's probably off the hook right now and dealing with covid.

On Monday Hubby and I celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary. We stayed home and hung around the house. Took down the pool and put that away. I made seafood fra diavlo (scallops, shrimps, clams, mussels) with linguine and garlic bread. Patches and ET (the turtles) joined us for dinner (their tank is on the table) and they enjoyed their sun-dried shrimp.

I will have to take current pictures of them. They are growing leaps and bounds. I did mention before that we would probably keep them for a year or two, however, the size they are growing, it might be earlier than that. We are thinking about putting them in our pond out back and put a temporary fence around it so they can get a to a size where they won't be in danger of predators.

This week I will start haunting the house.

Death's Door, congratulations on your 35th wedding anniversary!!!!! Also I have to say your dinner descriptions always make my mouth water. They sound so delicious!

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
So tonight, I was waiting for my agency replacement, who was late and the until manager gets a visit from an angry nurse from the covid until. The replacement nurse over there is agency, has a temp, refuses to work the covid unit (should be going home, out of the building anyway) and the don is ordering our regular RN to go to the covid unit and the sick ass agency nurse to come to the clean E unit. Six pairs of pissed off eyes are staring. No sick medical personnel should be here. It's unbelievable. This is the new don. In a case like this, the sick nurse immediately is sent away and if regular or agency personnel isn't available the don, assistant don or another unit manager is called in.
I wanted to follow up and say they did the right thing. The next day I found out the don came in and the sick agency person was sent away. She didn't have covid, just sick, being just sick still exists. Still she should have called off or have been tested before she entered the building. I don't think this is the worst place in the world, I think it's standard actually and that does **** me off. I want being older and taken care of better than this.

·
Headless & Haunting
Creating a massive fundraiser haunted house for our local Scout group.
4,782 Posts
I may be in the minority here, but I have no desire to own a 12 foot Home Depot skeleton:p
I highly doubt I'll get the opportunity as they don't appear to make it to Australia - however - I'm with you Roxy - they don't appeal to me either.

Oh Headless, so nice to see you!!! I hope you come back often!! It's really interesting to me, to hear of the restrictions where you live. Here they seem to change daily and most of it seems business driven. I'm so sorry to hear your fundraiser is cancelled. Such a pity. Hopefully next year the world will be on track!
I think it will be a couple of years at least before we will see the world back on track to be honest. We were planning another trip away next year - this one for 4 months - just around Australia in our caravan. I am starting to feel like for us things are going to be worse next year because restrictions will be eased and we'll just be waiting for nature to take it's course. It is scary stuff really. Lots of people have become sick of the restrictions, thrown their hands up and just doing what they like despite it being against the rules. I understand but it is frustrating while the rest of us are trying to do the right thing.

Blood pressure was excellent. EKG looked good. Blood work didn't hurt as much as it usually does!
Waiting for the results! He wants to do an ultrasound in October to see how my heart valves doing!

Now, I'm ready for vacation! :):):)
Awesome news Goblin!

.....On Monday Hubby and I celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary. We stayed home and hung around the house......
Happy Anniversary DD and Mr DD!

We had a lovely day today. My daughter and 2 grandchildren came down to visit for the first time in months due to the restrictions. Difficult because we still can't have visitors at home but we did some shopping, had lunch at a cafe, did a bit more shopping, laughed, skipped, jumped and had lots of hugs. I'm really grateful for online chats but nothing beats a big squishy hug from a 4 year old and a 2 year old.... well a 30 year old as well..... I've missed them all more than I realised and almost cried when it was time for them to go. Covid sucks.

Wish me luck, I'm going to bite the bullet and try to sell a few of the extra bits I've made. It's so scary - even worse than a haunt. What if no-one wants them! LOL

55941 - 55960 of 55979 Posts