Haunt Forum banner
55981 - 56000 of 56046 Posts

·
Clean "cut"
27,611 Posts
^ That is a good one I haven't seen in years. I'm going with a toss up between Saving Grace (an English woman is thrown into financial difficulties after her husband's suicide) or The Full Monty

·
Super Moderator
64,295 Posts
Just don’t answer any questions about your favorite anything on Facebook unless you want to hand potential answers to security questions to data miners.

The Full Monty is a hoot of a movie:)

·
Batty Beautiful
5,654 Posts
^huh, I've never seen either of those movies. If I had to choose, it would be The Devine Secrets of the Ya-Ya sisterhood. I guess it's just a stage in my life that I am enjoying movies about Sassy Southern Women. Go figure. LOL

ION: This has been a very full weekend. Between seeing my step sons marching in the parade, (their both in band) going to football and soccer games and Monster Con, I'm exhausted. Today has been a day to relax. Sort of.

For me personally, Monster Con was the highlight of the weekend. It was so much fun to hang out with my new family. I also found out that the oldest boy is afraid of clowns. I feel kind of bad not knowing that because we all visited the Spirit Halloween store which was in the same mall that Monster Con was held at...which was full of clowns. He also had an evil clown walk up behind him (the store employees were all dressed up in costumes) and tap him on the shoulder. LOL. I wish I had seen that happen, as I was in my wheelchair with Marcus pushing me. Of course, in this family, he got teased for it all day. I tried not to because I'm not really a fan of clowns either. I guess it's a dad thing.

Anyway, we also took advantage of the photo op outside the store.
Smile Wheel Tire Standing Happy

·
Super Moderator
64,295 Posts
DA, you have a glow of happiness that just shines in that photo.

·
Batty Beautiful
5,654 Posts
^Thank you! It's because I finally found my haunting partner that loves spooky things even more than I do!

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
DA, I love that picture! Roxy is right, you both look so happy!!! Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
This was interesting, to me anyway. Recently it was a patient's birthday (she had told me a few weeks ago because she was worried about being alone) I bought her a cake and a card and a lot of medical and therapy staff signed it I thought it was a perfect card for her, I was pleased with it She needn't have worried, many friends and family flooded her room with gifts and cards. Anyway that's not the point, what is interesting is that later that night she called me in to her room and told me to promise she wasn't crazy but she had seen a ghost and that it had picked up her birthday card (the card I had bought and staff had signed) and read it. This is not a patient with cognitive problems or on too many pain pills. She's here because of an accident and fractured bones. Also many medical personnel as well as patients have reported ghosts so I told her that because she thought she was losing it. I have never seen a ghost here but many people have told me they have and like I said medical personnel...nurses, PAs, CNAs, even a doctor.. It's talked about but not with patients. So I don't know but it's interesting and also this woman wasn't scared. She told me, the ghost came in and picked up my card and started reading it. It was a woman dressed in a pink dress. She said the ghost wasn't threatening, just interested in the card.

So I don't know, I've never seen or felt anything but a LOT of people have told me similar stories and most of them have been medical personnel, both regular and agency.

I think it's cool the ghost was reading the card though, I wonder why?

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Happy National Drink Beer Day all!!

I actually haven't drunk a beer since I was about 26 (I just don't really love beer) but if I did the timing would be perfect as it's my day off, lol. For those of you that love beer...enjoy!!!

·
Batty Beautiful
5,654 Posts
Not a beer drinker either, but I use it and other booze in my recipes. Shiner Bock is excellent in my Beer, Cheese and Bacon Sloppy Joes! It's delicious!

·
Super Moderator
64,295 Posts
PG, sounds as if you and the ghost have the same taste in birthday cards:) I wonder if she is a former patient?

I don’t like beer so I guess I’ll just have to wait until it’s National Irish Coffee Day.

·
Clean "cut"
27,611 Posts
DarkA, what a great picture. Keep on being you.

·
Clean "cut"
27,611 Posts
Not a beer drinker, not much of a drinker at all, still looking forward to Mimosas with my neighbor though, we are hoping to finally do it the end of the week. Unfortunately, due to her recent diagnosis of stage 4 pancreatic cancer she is waiting to hear if the Dr oks it. I am so upset at her diagnosis I will try anything to cheer her up.

·
Clean "cut"
27,611 Posts
Ghosts eh PrettyG. Now I suppose you want to see one!!

·
Super Moderator
64,295 Posts
Not a beer drinker, not much of a drinker at all, still looking forward to Mimosas with my neighbor though, we are hoping to finally do it the end of the week. Unfortunately, due to her recent diagnosis of stage 4 pancreatic cancer she is waiting to hear if the Dr oks it. I am so upset at her diagnosis I will try anything to cheer her up.
Cancer sucks, especially pancreatic cancer because it so often isn’t detected until the late stages of the disease. I expect the doctor will tell her having a mimosa is okay. It’s the compassionate thing to do.

·
Batty Beautiful
5,654 Posts
Wow, it's sure been quiet in here! Where's Gobbie with his his glitter cannons? All I hear is crickets in here!

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,789 Posts
Hey DA - Awesome pic and you and your haunting partner!

PG - Seeing ghost in a hospital is not surprising to me. Also, you must have good taste with cards!

Been busy haunting my homestead. Hubby and I will be putting up the cemetery fence this weekend. Also, our town is having a fundraiser two blocks from my house so we will be checking that out. Loving this weather. Also I just was checking the tv schedules and Comet Tv is having Elriva's Movie Macabre on Friday nights! I am soo looking forward to that. Where's my popcorn.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts

Hairazor, I am sorry to hear about your neighbor. Cancer sucks! You should get together with a mimosa and a fun afternoon or evening but soon and make sure the doctor gives his/her OK because of drug, pain killer interaction. You can still have fun, just do it soon. It will be a great distraction for her, a vacation from what she's going to be going through.

Oh and lol, no, no desire to see ghosts here but I do find it interesting that so many people here have seen or felt things and I also find it interesting that no one has reported any bad feelings or emotions connected to seeing something. My patient thinks it was her Grandmother. Her Grandmother loved pink, they were very close and it would make sense she was interested in a card her granddaughter received.

Another thing I just loved and didn't mention was that this patient received a birthday crown from her friends and was wearing it when we came in with the cake and card. She had the most adorable sort of embarrassed look on her face at being seen and I think I was the only one who caught that because I know her best. I so wish I had taken a picture and told her that. Although, I couldn't have taken a picture, hippa, so it would have had to have been her phone. I teased her about this later, I thought it was hysterical and adorable and I think everyone should wear a birthday crown on their birthday!! lol

55981 - 56000 of 56046 Posts