Haunt Forum banner
56021 - 56040 of 56046 Posts

·
Super Moderator
64,295 Posts
Halloween toilet paper - who’d-a thought such a thing existed?:)

·
Muddled Moderator
28,266 Posts
Is that toilet paper specifically for TPing your neighbors trees?

·
Batty Beautiful
5,654 Posts
Haha! That is spook-tactular!

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Had a busy weekend. Me and hubby (he decided on the last minute) walked the Heroes to Hero 5K Run/Walk Marathon that was on Saturday. It was my second - hubby's first and we made pretty good time. I did manage to set up some spider webs outside. While I was setting up my webs, my neighbor's son approached me and said "here this is for you guys - we don't use it".

View attachment 21786

Well, after coming home from the marathon and having a few beers, my first thought was "what are you using instead of toilet paper?" :oops:. I mean, with all the tp shortages. I did catch on and just started laughing once I saw what was on the package. I thanked him because they something like a pumpkin scented candle. I had never seen Halloween toilet paper in the stores. And it's 3 ply - that is some primo ****!!!! :poop:

After that, I just felt myself smiling and did finish the webs in the front yard and on the porch.

LOL, I've done that: heard something a little different than what someone said and...

LOL to you all! Responses are to funny!!

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
My birthday was yesterday and I received such a nice surprise when I got into work. People were coming up to me saying "Happy Birthday" and I was like "thank you, wait...how do you know it's my birthday?". It turned out a patient had found out and made this huge pink birthday card on a poster board and set it right in front of the nurses station. A little embarrassing but I discovered I liked having people say Happy Birthday to me. Also a nurse friend of mine bought me a beautiful, delicious chocolate cake and a birthday crown (which I did wear and I'll share a picture if anyone's interested). She also had people sign a card and I love that too. My favorite gift was from a Russian patient who speaks very little English. I have no idea how she found out or understood but she drew me a picture and wrote me a message. I have to say, one of my favorite birthdays!!

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,789 Posts
PG - First off - Happy Birthday to ya! 🎂💐 I'm glad you enjoyed it and it's nice when things like that happen. It makes your day more special.

·
Super Moderator
64,295 Posts
Happy belated birthday, PG!

·
Clean "cut"
27,611 Posts
I miss the feature on the old format that listed Birthdays. That said, Happy Happy PrettyG. And --Picture,

picture, picture!!!

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I miss that feature too. I tend to forget about birthdays, even mine, unless I get a reminder or someone else says Happy Birthday to..... Plus with a lot of people, myself included, you think "I don't care" but you do, you want someone to wish you a Happy Birthday. When I was taking care of my parents I looked forward to people here wishing me a HB because there was no one else. I appreciated it so much, it was so important to me!! It's the reason I did it so much. I loved it when HF people wished me HB and I wanted to make sure others got that as well. I also tried to match songs to people; I know that's goofy, but I tried, lol. I think I did OK most (some?) of the time.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Oh, my friend was the one who took pictures and she's off until Tuesday so I 'll post the pics when she comes back. ;)

·
Super Moderator
64,295 Posts
Spirit Halloween has Jack Skellington face masks - so appropriate for the season.
Hair Chin Hairstyle Vision care White

·
Muddled Moderator
28,266 Posts
Happy belated Birthday, PG!

·
Muddled Moderator
28,266 Posts
Saw this at the grocery store.
Food Condiment Ketchup Ingredient Tomato sauce

·
Batty Beautiful
5,654 Posts
^OMG! I need to find this!
Also, PG- Happy Birthday!

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
^ Thank you all.

Also, Roxy I love the masks!

I put out skeletons this weekend (starting to set up the yard) and tonight when I came home from work I realized a few were missing, specifically the ones I placed around and on my mailbox. Also a few on the edge of my property are gone. I have more and they weren't my expensive skeletons but I'm taken aback. I'm really surprised someone stole them and I wonder why. Did they want them? Were they offended for some reason? Was it kids or adults? I guess I will never know and I'm debating if I should replace them. I wanted to get everything out early this year but now I may wait because I can't really afford to lose any more. In the past I haven't really experienced a lot of theft so I am surprised. Years ago someone stole a few things including carved jack o lanterns (which I just assumed was kids smashing them) and then the day after Halloween I spotted everything in front of a house about a block away. I didn't do anything because it was so weird and what was I going to do anyway? I was amused about the pumpkins because I hand carved them myself so of course I knew they were mine but better then being smashed and Halloween was over. The props I knew were mine but how could I prove that? I also thought that a kid(s) took those things, they liked them and took them so I let it go. Maybe the same thing is at play tonight as well.

·
Clean "cut"
27,611 Posts
So sorry for your loss PrettyG. Theft is the reason I don't put anything out early, break my fanny putting it all up and back down in one day (really restricts how much I can do)

·
Super Moderator
64,295 Posts
PG, liking something does not excuse stealing from someone, whether the thief is a kid or an adult. If that’s what the situation has become where you live, don’t put anything out early unless you can either secure it or put an alarm on it that makes a hell of a noise when disturbed. Potential theft of props is one of the reasons (the other being potential damage due to weather or vandalism) we put up and take down the bulk of our display only on Halloween. It minimizes the risk of our enjoyment of the holiday being ruined by anyone who decides to “like” our props.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,789 Posts
Roxy & Spooky - An awesome pic of two awesome haunters!

PG - Like the other posts, I also put the majority of my tombstones, lights, and props out the day of Halloween. I have had a couple of times with vandalism. A couple of years ago, after putting up the fence, I come home at night and five of the poles were pulled out, broken, and thrown in the real cemetery across the street. I was really pissed and mad because they had a total disregard for the real cemetery. From that point on, I do secure the poles with zippy ties. I also had other things stolen. I have things by the door ready to go out on Halloween and it all comes in on Halloween night. It's a job, but I know everything is accounted for.

It's coming up too fast. I am pretty much decorated both inside and outside. I made split pea soup (Exorcist soup) on Sunday and worked on cleaning up the veggie garden. Pumpkins are ready to pic and be displayed.

56021 - 56040 of 56046 Posts