Haunt Forum banner
56121 - 56140 of 56197 Posts

·
Humanitarian of the Year
4,268 Posts
Rox, are you OK? I love your hat but it looks like you're sick and lost so much weight...

What, no unstructured thoughts since last week? Must be that post-Halloween drop in energy hitting everyone.

Our yard props and decorations are waiting patiently in the basement to be stored away for the season. We need to check things over to see what might need repairs or paint touchups, plus cull anything that’s ready to be retired from use. We sadly said goodby to the demon who graced our roof every Halloween for probably close to 15 years - his latex skin had deteriorated beyond repair. He had a good run.

View attachment 21881

·
Super Moderator
64,352 Posts
Good to see you here, Lord H, and now I have to kill you:p;):whistle:

Doc M, I know the feeling. We’re at that stage of “enough” as well, but have occasional side trips into “I might be able to use this one more time” and “This could be repurposed into another prop”. It’s a sickness, I tell you:eek:

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,783 Posts
I think we all go through the repurpose thoughts. I know I am doing it for next year. I already started going through some of my boxes for skull bones (head, hands, leg, etc.). I want to do a fireplace display. It looks awesome in my mind.

Hello Lord H! Glad to see you!

·
Humanitarian of the Year
4,268 Posts
I think we all go through the repurpose thoughts. I know I am doing it for next year. I already started going through some of my boxes for skull bones (head, hands, leg, etc.). I want to do a fireplace display. It looks awesome in my mind.

Hello Lord H! Glad to see you!
Hey you! Still bringing sexy back I see!! Lol. Glad to be back

·
Super Moderator
64,352 Posts
I’m sitting her watching my dog’s feet kicking while she’s sleeping. i wonder who she’s chasing in her dreams?

·
Registered
I watch horror movies and stay up all night.
611 Posts
This year Halloween was better. I'm glad I got a chance to visit my family up north. I would have been on the Forum a lot more often but I'm still dealing with the loss of my brother two years ago and fell into a great Depression after he died. It's been hard on my family, but I'm getting there. He ended his life, which I know is very triggering, but I'm trying to show awareness due to what happened. Next year I'm planning on making Halloween a little better, because Halloween was Peter's favorite holiday and I want to do something in honor of him. This year I watched one of my his favorite horror movies, "The People Under The Stairs" Next year I'm planning on adding more horror movies to my list.

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
This year Halloween was better. I'm glad I got a chance to visit my family up north. I would have been on the Forum a lot more often but I'm still dealing with the loss of my brother two years ago and fell into a great Depression after he died. It's been hard on my family, but I'm getting there. He ended his life, which I know is very triggering, but I'm trying to show awareness due to what happened. Next year I'm planning on making Halloween a little better, because Halloween was Peter's favorite holiday and I want to do something in honor of him. This year I watched one of my his favorite horror movies, "The People Under The Stairs" Next year I'm planning on adding more horror movies to my list.

Oh (((((((BunchOfHocusPocus))))) virtual hugs. I'm so sorry about the loss of your brother! My worst nightmare is losing mine. I have no words of wisdom but a lot of empathy!! I wish you well and much love.

·
Super Moderator
64,352 Posts
BHP, I think doing something to honor your brother as part of your Halloween celebration would be a lovely tribute. Spooky1 made tombstones in honor of his parents that are part of our yard display every year.

·
Batty Beautiful
5,670 Posts
BHP: I think doing a tribute is a wonderful idea!

I'm so glad everyone had an awesome Halloween! Watching all of your haunt videos lets me live vicariously through you guys!

·
Super Moderator
64,352 Posts
Temps in the 30s this morning; on Thursday it’s supposed to be in the 70s, then cold again. Gotta love that crazy weather time of year.

·
Super Moderator
64,352 Posts
I don’t know about anyone else, but this year seemed to just fly by. I remember when I was a kid that summers seemed to last forever.

·
Batty Beautiful
5,670 Posts
Nope, you're not imagining anything. Time flies by at warp speed when you're an adult. I was told to grow up and it was a terrible idea...

·
Humanitarian of the Year
4,268 Posts

·
Super Moderator
64,352 Posts
Interesting articles, Lord H. I’d heard of the theory that the time perception is related to a year being a bigger percentage of a child’s life compared to an adult’s. Hadn’t heard of the difference in speed of processing new experiences and its effect on remembered duration of time.

And I love Calvin and Hobbes, too.

56121 - 56140 of 56197 Posts