·
Super Moderator
64,334 Posts
Back at ya, stick!

Organism Arthropod Art Spider Insect

·
Batty Beautiful
5,684 Posts
Just dropping by to wish everyone a happy Christmas! I don't know if I'm going to have any time once we get the boys here for Christmas Eve. See you all on the other side!

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
I had Christmas off, so I spent it mainly cooking for my brother and myself. Prime rib with Yorkshire pudding, air fried grape tomatoes with garlic and olive oil and air fried brussel sprouts with olive oil and salt, mashed potatoes with salt and butter; nothing healthy but oh so good. Also banana cream pie and chocolates. This morning I made a delectable brunch which put my brother into a food coma for four hours, lol. I just got back from walking around the neighborhood checking out lights. So pretty! One house looked like it had been great, tons of inflatables but all deflated. I stopped and had my arms folded across my chest, looking at it and then a car pulled in the driveway, they saw me of course, I moved on and then came back: everything inflated, music going lol. Lovely! I get it. I love it when people look at my lights; I understand people want me to look at theirs too.

I can't even tell your how many thousands of leds I put on bushes this year. The last few years I'd buy lights, then have to work so I'd put up the angels but never get around to what ever my grand plan was. Next year I'd buy more lights and again not put them up. This year I put them up. It's pretty though, plus the angels and the deer. I love it! Also those dollar store green bulb lights, still so pretty. I just love lights! I'm proud of it. Also, after walking around the neighborhood, mine looks overboard which is OK with me!

Inside not so much. Although I do have Christmas music boxes, a crystal nativity set and elves, reindeer, stuffed santa, candles. OK, never mind. I find it hard decorating just for myself so no tree again for the third year but that upset me so after work on Christmas Eve I set up this tiny dollar store tree (I bought some for patients and it was left over) and decorated it. I love it! That stupid tiny tree has made me very happy! I mean I do believe I did a good job on the others but I love mine. It has lights, glittery deer, doves, cardinals, a Christmas house and a church. I love it! I have a new phone and as soon as it's set up I'm taking pictures of everything and sharing here, lol.

I hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful Christmas and I wish you all a happy and healthy New Year!!

·
Clean "cut"
27,769 Posts
You sound so bubbly over your deocoations I can't wait to see them PrettyG

·
Batty Beautiful
5,684 Posts
That sounds so wonderful, PG!
Marcus and I had such a wonderful Christmas with our boys and I'm just now recovering from it all! How is it that three days seemed to last so much longer than last year? On Christmas eve, we spent the day just relaxing and we made our first Christmas eve dinner before having to rush to church for the Christmas Eve Service and they had parts to read. It's been so long since I've been to a candlelight service and I was just so bright and happy afterwards. After that, we were told of special house that synchronized their lights to music which was fun to experience.

After that, at our youngest's request, we had to get back to the apartment so that Santa would come visit. We also learned that Santa really loves red Gatorade with his candy dipped pretzels and that we needed to leave carrots out for the reindeer. :) it was just so refreshing to see a young teenager so excited for Santa to come. Even we were eager to get to bed after we took care of our secret elf business.

After a couple days rest, I'm ready to resume normal life for a few days before the new year. So ready for this year to be over with!

·
Super Moderator
64,334 Posts
PG and DA, your posts are like the bright lights on a Christmas tree - so cheerful and happy. Glad you enjoyed your holiday!

·
Batty Beautiful
5,684 Posts
Sounds so fulfilling DarkA
PG and DA, your posts are like the bright lights on a Christmas tree - so cheerful and happy. Glad you enjoyed your holiday!
Thanks guys! Being a step mom is more fulfilling than I ever thought it would be. For once in a very long time, I'm excited about what the new year has for us!
Smile Trousers Jeans Muscle Chair

Reactions: Hairazor

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,782 Posts
PG - Glad you're enjoying your Christmas lights and decorations along with the neighborhood's. I did a little different this year with the lights around the porch and it turned out looking nice. I was very surprised that a few houses had the "Nightmare Before Christmas" decorations up which looked really cool. I did get me thinking about do that to my house.

DA - Awesome pic - glad you are happy - it definitely shows! It's nice to have something to look forward to in the new year.

Hubby and I are planning on frying a turkey and all the fixin's for New Year's Eve. We started it a couple year's ago and it has been a tradition ever since.

Also, we have been adopted! There has been a stray/feral cat that has been lurking around the neighborhood for 3 years and even though he has been in our yard hanging out, he would go run and hide whenever we would be in the yard. We named him "Morris the Hobo" and the neighbors also called him that. This past year he has been hanging out a lot more and staying in the yard and coming close to us and just hanging out on the patio. Hubby was sitting in the patio chair when Morris went under it and actually petted him. Morris was ok with it. Lately, he been at the back door stalking us. We have been guilty of giving him food.

Cat Light Green Felidae Carnivore
Cat Light Green Felidae Carnivore

He has definitely used to us and even has a routine. He is a lot friendlier and does understand when we give him a command or just talk to him. We had a rabbit pen and is still in good shape and Hubby shorten the legs and insulated it so he could use it especially when getting out of the weather. He actually has been using it. It's nice having a cutie around!

·
Batty Beautiful
5,684 Posts
PG - Glad you're enjoying your Christmas lights and decorations along with the neighborhood's. I did a little different this year with the lights around the porch and it turned out looking nice. I was very surprised that a few houses had the "Nightmare Before Christmas" decorations up which looked really cool. I did get me thinking about do that to my house.

DA - Awesome pic - glad you are happy - it definitely shows! It's nice to have something to look forward to in the new year.

Hubby and I are planning on frying a turkey and all the fixin's for New Year's Eve. We started it a couple year's ago and it has been a tradition ever since.

Also, we have been adopted! There has been a stray/feral cat that has been lurking around the neighborhood for 3 years and even though he has been in our yard hanging out, he would go run and hide whenever we would be in the yard. We named him "Morris the Hobo" and the neighbors also called him that. This past year he has been hanging out a lot more and staying in the yard and coming close to us and just hanging out on the patio. Hubby was sitting in the patio chair when Morris went under it and actually petted him. Morris was ok with it. Lately, he been at the back door stalking us. We have been guilty of giving him food.

View attachment 21918 View attachment 21918

He has definitely used to us and even has a routine. He is a lot friendlier and does understand when we give him a command or just talk to him. We had a rabbit pen and is still in good shape and Hubby shorten the legs and insulated it so he could use it especially when getting out of the weather. He actually has been using it. It's nice having a cutie around!
He's a cute! Glad that he's being cared for!

·
Super Moderator
64,334 Posts
A Christmas possum, just ‘cause:)

Virginia opossum Common opossum Possum Carnivore Whiskers

·
Super Moderator
64,334 Posts
The Twilight Zone marathon starts this weekend on the SyFy channel. I fully expect to spend most of the weekend as a dedicated couch potato:p

·
Humanitarian of the Year
4,291 Posts
Ugh, I hate possums even as cute as the babies look.

Have a New Year folks! I'll just eat my black-eyed peas and move on.

·
Super Moderator
64,334 Posts
Happy New Year, and I’ll be happy when this weekend is behind us. Spent part of last evening in the basement with the dog with the music of Midnight Syndicate playing and the dehumidifier running to try and drown out the sound of illegal fireworks going off. She gets very stressed out, and I can believe it’s not much better for veterans who suffer from PTSD.

·
Humanitarian of the Year
4,291 Posts
I had Christmas off, so I spent it mainly cooking for my brother and myself. Prime rib with Yorkshire pudding, air fried grape tomatoes with garlic and olive oil and air fried brussel sprouts with olive oil and salt, mashed potatoes with salt and butter; nothing healthy but oh so good. Also banana cream pie and chocolates. This morning I made a delectable brunch which put my brother into a food coma for four hours, lol. I just got back from walking around the neighborhood checking out lights. So pretty! One house looked like it had been great, tons of inflatables but all deflated. I stopped and had my arms folded across my chest, looking at it and then a car pulled in the driveway, they saw me of course, I moved on and then came back: everything inflated, music going lol. Lovely! I get it. I love it when people look at my lights; I understand people want me to look at theirs too.

I can't even tell your how many thousands of leds I put on bushes this year. The last few years I'd buy lights, then have to work so I'd put up the angels but never get around to what ever my grand plan was. Next year I'd buy more lights and again not put them up. This year I put them up. It's pretty though, plus the angels and the deer. I love it! Also those dollar store green bulb lights, still so pretty. I just love lights! I'm proud of it. Also, after walking around the neighborhood, mine looks overboard which is OK with me!

Inside not so much. Although I do have Christmas music boxes, a crystal nativity set and elves, reindeer, stuffed santa, candles. OK, never mind. I find it hard decorating just for myself so no tree again for the third year but that upset me so after work on Christmas Eve I set up this tiny dollar store tree (I bought some for patients and it was left over) and decorated it. I love it! That stupid tiny tree has made me very happy! I mean I do believe I did a good job on the others but I love mine. It has lights, glittery deer, doves, cardinals, a Christmas house and a church. I love it! I have a new phone and as soon as it's set up I'm taking pictures of everything and sharing here, lol.

I hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful Christmas and I wish you all a happy and healthy New Year!!
You haven't set that new phone up yet huh?

·
Super Moderator
64,334 Posts
The weather prediction for our area tomorrow went from “less than an inch of snow” to “three to six inches of accumulation”. So nice to be retired and not have to worry about getting the cars shoveled out early in order to get to work.

56261 - 56280 of 56312 Posts