Haunt Forum banner
56301 - 56312 of 56312 Posts

·
Super Moderator
64,334 Posts
Watching “The Brain from Planet Arous” - great B movie/sci-fi flick.

·
Super Moderator
64,334 Posts
Yep, Doc, it’s worth a watch if you’re a John Agar fan, and it’s typical of the B movies of the ‘50s. I first saw it when I was a kid, probably on one of those Saturday morning horror movie host shows.

Another one you might find entertaining is a Troma horror spoof called “Chopper Chicks in Zombietown”. No John Agar, but Billy Bob Thornton is in it.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
I just started learning it on Duolingo, so no, not yet. It’s a great brain workout (as well as a laryngeal one since a lot of it is very guttural) because the sentence structure is different from the equivalent English sentence with respect to word order.

That is so impressive ( I am very impressed) and I believe, very good for your brain! :)

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
I love it when I come home from work and Lucy is waiting for me; she knows my schedule. It also makes me very nervous because she waits for me on the freaking driveway (a mystery how she gets out of the house) and that scares me. I pull in at about 5 miles an hour in anticipation of her waiting for me. Tonight she was there and leaped at me as I opened the car door. Immediate petting and purr, purr, purr. She is such a gift!

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Tonight, last night was kind of surreal. All the nurses and CNAs (except for me) were traveling nurses or agency. The RN that should have been the supervisor, kept thinking I was her supervisor. She was messed up. Traveling nurse, she, herself fell twice but couldn't keep her story straight. One of the CNA's ran around acting like she was working and did nothing. I seriously would have left except that would have left patients to the mercy of these clowns. I have never, ever seen anything like this. This new company is insane. I have two interviews this week, wish me luck.

·
Super Moderator
64,334 Posts
That kind of crap is inexcusable, PG, especially where people’s health and welfare are concerned. Surely there must be some state or Federal watchdog group that the agency/company could be reported to.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Thank you.

Almost a year ago I purchased a wind chime from Woodstock chimes (they have since sold the company). Just a tiny thing because I didn't want to annoy neighbors but I loved it, brass with a little crystal on top of the bells. It calms me down to listen to it. I hung it outside, right beside my "office" which is a small glassed in space. Not really a wind chime but just kind of a really sweet tinkling sound. I loved it so much I purchased 6 more to give as gifts. I gifted three and am glad I bought six because of the company selling out. Anyway it's windy tonight and I'm listening to it and love it as much as ever. I also hung 2 on the back part of the property but I can't hear them from here. I wish that company hadn't sold out but I guess the owners retired, I haven't really checked it out.

·
Super Moderator
64,334 Posts
There’s a company called Soylent that makes what are supposed to be meal replacement drinks. Having watched the movie “Soylent Green” many a time, I can’t help but wonder what’s actually in them……

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
There’s a company called Soylent that makes what are supposed to be meal replacement drinks. Having watched the movie “Soylent Green” many a time, I can’t help but wonder what’s actually in them……
Handwriting Player Font Sportswear Sports equipment

That movie still lives rent free in my memory. Certain scenes will never be forgotten.

56301 - 56312 of 56312 Posts