Haunt Forum banner
56581 - 56600 of 56637 Posts

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
I've seen a lot of families do everything in their power to take care of a loved one (and by the way how amazing is that?) but rarely do I see sons doing the heavy lifting. Always daughters or wives; sorry just saying. We have a man in his 80s. wife, huge loving family but his 60 year old son is there every night, involved with everything. Still his son, when he talks to him I flash back to me having a teenage conversation with my father; it's hysterical how we are adults and our parents turn us into naughty teens. Anyway he takes amazing care of his father; I wonder if he knows how amazing he is. I think I'm going to tell him.

Also and I can't even tell you how much I loved this. The son told me stories of him as a teen and then of his son as a teen and his Dad (my patient) was giving that pained Dad look (the shut the hell up look, you're embarrassing us). Cracked me up. I remember that look from my own Father. I love this family!!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
The wife and I just tested positive for Covid-19. It feels like the first or second day of the worst cold you've ever had ... but just to spice things up a bit, it added all the flu symptoms it could think of, too. I'm taking the pills, but since she got it first and is further along, (that's right ... she infected me) she has to go get the IV treatment. It's miserable. I can see why the elderly and people with other conditions might have a bad time with it. The pills (I think it's the pills) give me "Metal Mouth." Yuck!

Stores aren't as diligent about keeping things wiped down as they used to be, and people are becoming lax in using the hand sanitizer, so I'm sure that's how she caught it. Since we both work from home, we're fortunate enough that we didn't infect anyone at the offices. She takes care of her elderly parents, though. So we're concerned they may have been exposed. We'll have to keep an eye on that.

·
Super Moderator
64,392 Posts
Sorry to hear that, Doc. Covid sucks. The husband of one of my theater acquaintances was recently diagnosed with it, is undergoing antiviral treatment, and is not doing well. He’s in his late 30s/early 40s, no underlying health issues. Hoping for a full recovery for you and your wife, and maybe the metal mouth thing can inspire another idea for your steampunk thing.

·
Muddled Moderator
28,249 Posts
Doc, sorry to hear you and the missus got Covid. Hope the meds work, you recover quickly and didn’t spread it to your family. I just got my second booster yesterday. Take care!

·
Muddled Moderator
28,249 Posts
DA, sounds like you handled your first Karen quite well. Glad you are enjoying your new job, and hope the Karen’s are few and far between.

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
The wife and I just tested positive for Covid-19. It feels like the first or second day of the worst cold you've ever had ... but just to spice things up a bit, it added all the flu symptoms it could think of, too. I'm taking the pills, but since she got it first and is further along, (that's right ... she infected me) she has to go get the IV treatment. It's miserable. I can see why the elderly and people with other conditions might have a bad time with it. The pills (I think it's the pills) give me "Metal Mouth." Yuck!

Stores aren't as diligent about keeping things wiped down as they used to be, and people are becoming lax in using the hand sanitizer, so I'm sure that's how she caught it. Since we both work from home, we're fortunate enough that we didn't infect anyone at the offices. She takes care of her elderly parents, though. So we're concerned they may have been exposed. We'll have to keep an eye on that.

Oh Doc, sorry to hear you and your wife have covid. How is your wife doing?

You are right, people are lax, burnt out, tired of the whole damn thing. I still hear a whole lot of denial too. Even now from patients who are admitted (relatives, people on the street), they have their shots but they haven't caught covid, haven't seen people die so they want to believe it's like a cold or the flu but it's not. I am burnt out and don't talk about it as much but people are still dying, even with vaccinations and boaster shots; just the chances of dying go down a LOT when one has the vaccination. To be honest, this is just me, well no a lot of people, I wonder if we'll see negative effects from the vaccines. There are reactions from all medicine, even aspirin. I've just been wary of everything since this started and I'm seriously worried about all the booster shots.

Also sanitizers are great but washing your hands (when able) even better. Don't touch your mouth or nose, don't touch your mouth to separate papers and like Hairazor said don't lick envelopes.

I'm still bagging my footwear as soon as I enter my house, and throwing my scrubs in the washer. I also wipe down surfaces in my house, like doorknobs, with bleach wipes.

I do try to balance things: I just use antibacterial soap (dial) to wash my hands but dove for everything else and regular soup and water to clean most of the house.

Well no one asked me but this is what I do, lol.

·
Super Moderator
64,392 Posts
Gorgeous day here with that perfect combination of cool breezes and a sunny sky. We’ve got all the windows open in the house airing it out.

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
OK, this is an I'm about to rant, I'm enraged, but you don't have to comment or say anything if you don't want to post.

A health worker, I like a lot, showed up late today, Confused, slow. I was so busy, I noted it but didn't pay a lot of attention. Later I found out she fell asleep in an empty bed in an empty room. Now I know this woman somewhat. She doesn't drink, no drug problems that I've ever seen in two years but all of the sudden this creepy little agency girl is telling everyone this NA is high, took sleeping meds, all sorts of things. The head admin was called in and I told her no, I don't think so but this creepy child was so involved. At one point she tried to prevent me from checking on this woman and all I felt was rage. She backed up and ran to another drama nurse who was sucking up attention.. I just hate that they didn't care about her at all. This is a co worker and we should have been taking care of her. So I kept checking and then she wasn't there and I freaked. Where is she? Casually the nurse says, oh she woke up and left. I said what do you mean? Somethings wrong, what if she gets hurt? What if she hurts someone? She just shrugged. They let her get into a car and leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously what is wrong with people???????????????? This is what I know: this woman is kind, responsible, normal. Something wrong happened, I don't know what, and this company did nothing.

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Oh I didn't give a time line, 6.5 hours and she wasn't really sleeping; we couldn't wake her up. I was so scared but they were saying let her sleep it off (sleep what off? she doesn't drink or do drugs as far as I know). I realize one never knows but I don't believe it. I just hope one day, if I have a stoke or a bad reaction to something, someone cares.

·
Clean "cut"
28,181 Posts
Scary PrettyG. Were you able to check if she went home or contact her in any way?

·
Super Moderator
64,392 Posts
Sounds to me as if someone should have called 911. Someone comes into work confused and slow, then falls asleep and can’t be awakened, that’s when you call for an ambulance.

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
So I found out a little bit about what happened. She was hurt, took something that was prescribed and had a really bad reaction. I was very upset about how this was handled so I talked to both HR and the head of administration. Well , beyond upset, I was livid. Much calmer now. She's safe. I don't know her personal business but the bottom line is she is OK.

·
Super Moderator
64,392 Posts
I wonder who decided that the expression “driving rain” was an appropriate description for a downpour so torrential that you can’t actually see to drive in it.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,790 Posts
Hey Doc - I hope you and the missus are on the mend. Yep, with the relaxed restrictions going on, Covid is alive and doing well. Our town has been going up in the numbers. I still wear my mask to stores and there are just a few of us that still practice this.

PG - sorry to hear about your colleague. Sounds like the creepy little agency girl is a drama/attention queen - Starting bull**** like that.

Roxy - Yep - we had a couple of storms come through last night and I couldn't see the cemetery across the street is was raining that hard. I still have to check the gardens to make sure everything is ok.

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Man, it is pouring here, rain all this weekend (my weekend off), My new roof was a year old this past April but I still feel anxiety when it rains. Funny, I used to love the sound of rain; now I just stress out (OH MY GAWD....THE ROOF...no, no the roof is fine, calm down, lol). Also this intense heat is stressing me out because I'm terrified of hurricanes and it's the season.

My co-worker is back and I think embarrassed. She is keeping her head down, not looking at any of us in the eye and just not her usual vibrant self. She's very private so I didn't ask her what happened, just hugged her and told her I was happy she was OK. She's feeling unconfident I think; she's asked me for help on things I know she knows so I don't know what happened but if she asks for help I will give it to her.

This is funny to me. The company had a circus day a few weeks ago. Ice slushies, popcorn, games...for employees and patients. It would have been cool except most patients can't leave their beds to go and employees (nurses) can't leave the floor. Anyway I got in and the admin asked me to participate in the hopes of getting more people involved. So I got a banana slushie and threw a few balls at the manager who was on the dunk tank, hit him and haven't heard the end of it yet, lol. Just today someone brought it up. He says he isn't pissed but he keeps on saying " you told me you weren't good at throwing" what I really said was "I haven't thrown a ball in awhile".

·
Clean "cut"
28,181 Posts
PrettyG, if your manager couldn't take getting dunked he should have declined being in the tank, yay to you for the bulls eye

56581 - 56600 of 56637 Posts