Haunt Forum banner
56601 - 56620 of 56637 Posts

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
I think he was surprised I took him down which is kind of insulting . I throw well but I was nervous about being away from patients so long. We're actually very cool and friends. I was pleased with myself I could still pitch.

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Lucy is covered in fleas and nothing works. She freaks out when I squeeze out her flea medication (I think it stings her). She then acts like I totally betrayed her, which makes me feel awful and guilty. I've been reading about flea collars and natural flea sprays. I thought flea collars were a 60s thing but I read a 2022 best flea medications for pets and it said Seresto collars are really effective and safe for pets. Anyone know anything about this? Also any advice about flea sprays? Natural flea sprays? I also tried mixing in fresh garlic with her food. She won't touch it.

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Seriously, I'm so desperate for her, I'm ready to hose her down in garlic. I might have to get drunk for this. JK. Just Lucy's background is feral and she has always been really hard to bring to a vet or give any kind of medication to. I am having nightmares about this. I am so worried. The vet is no help at all, I need a new vet..

I am thinking of springing for the Seresto collar AND the only natural herbal essential oil blend spray. I've done a lot of research and read a lot of reviews and people seem happy with these products.

·
Super Moderator
64,392 Posts
Lucy is covered in fleas and nothing works. She freaks out when I squeeze out her flea medication (I think it stings her). She then acts like I totally betrayed her, which makes me feel awful and guilty. I've been reading about flea collars and natural flea sprays. I thought flea collars were a 60s thing but I read a 2022 best flea medications for pets and it said Seresto collars are really effective and safe for pets. Anyone know anything about this? Also any advice about flea sprays? Natural flea sprays? I also tried mixing in fresh garlic with her food. She won't touch it.
Do NOT give garlic to a cat. Here’s the skinny on it from the ASPCA web site, and you’ll find the same information on sites with info on pet poisons:

“Onions, Garlic, Chives - These vegetables and herbs can cause gastrointestinal irritation and could lead to red blood cell damage and anemia. Although cats are more susceptible, dogs are also at risk if a large enough amount is consumed. “

·
Super Moderator
64,392 Posts
I think that’s one of those life mysteries, xredge.

Unrelated, Rod Serling had amazing insight into human character. Themes in his Twilight Zone episodes remain as relevant today as they were over 60 years ago.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Unrelated, Rod Serling had amazing insight into human character. Themes in his Twilight Zone episodes remain as relevant today as they were over 60 years ago.
That's why I believe the reboots of his work never really have the impact of the originals ... it was so right the first time.

So the missus and I are over the hump with this Covid-19 thing. Still can't talk without coughing up a spleen, though. No energy, but since I've always been a lazy S.O.B. anyway, no one notices.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I commented on how hot it was. I shouldn't have done that. At 8:30pm the power went out. Not in the whole neighborhood, mind you ... just me and my neighbor. I called about it. At 9:30pm a crew came out to look at it. Apparently the transformer that feeds our homes (a big green box between our yards that was always kind of scary and no one every talked about or looked at it straight on) blew. They crossed themselves and left.

At 11:30pm a new crew (I'd swear some were in hazmat suits, but it was late and dark and I was tired, so I can't be sure) with three trucks came and they lifted the box out with a crane, and put a new, scarier box in its place. They lit candles and did some chanting and one of the neighbor's goats is missing ... We had power by 1:30am.

I'm afraid to open the freezer ... but I'll deal with that later. Right now I have to figure out why all the grass around the new box is dying. Where did I put that crucifix?

·
Super Moderator
64,392 Posts
Seriously, I'm so desperate for her, I'm ready to hose her down in garlic. I might have to get drunk for this. JK. Just Lucy's background is feral and she has always been really hard to bring to a vet or give any kind of medication to. I am having nightmares about this. I am so worried. The vet is no help at all, I need a new vet..

I am thinking of springing for the Seresto collar AND the only natural herbal essential oil blend spray. I've done a lot of research and read a lot of reviews and people seem happy with these products.
And before you buy a Seresto collar, read this:

·
Super Moderator
64,392 Posts
Doc, glad you and your wife are past the worst of the Covid, and thanks for the laugh over your summer woes story:p A whole lot of people are about to get hit by a major heat wave.

·
Registered
412 Posts
A whole lot of people are about to get hit by a major heat wave.
And vehicle with no air, bad blend doors. After driving an hour home in it, it was really nice to walk into the house before going to the Ortho Doc, Good thing took Wife car that has air.

On another subject ended up with really bad news from the Ortho Doc, figured shoulder needed surgery as already had right side done and symptoms were similar except this one popped last year at Halloween camping. But nope lots worse, 2 options and the 1 is included with the other one, nothing can be done except a shoulder replacement and shots to somewhat help. Listened about my knee they have to have me come in again for that crappy ins regulations if I want a shot in it. But already knew the answer besides shots, knee replacement just keep putting it off. Have already had a couple of surgeries on it.

·
Super Moderator
64,392 Posts
Sorry to hear about the shoulder issue, xredge. I’m sure folks who have to get things replaced eventually begin to wonder if they qualify to be considered a bionic man.

Your comment about the car reminded me of the time I drove from southern Virginia to Maryland during the heat of summer in a car (‘71 Ford Maverick) with no AC, a black vinyl roof, and a black interior. Even with all the windows open, it was a hellacious trip.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Your comment about the car reminded me of the time I drove from southern Virginia to Maryland during the heat of summer in a car (‘71 Ford Maverick) with no AC, a black vinyl roof, and a black interior. Even with all the windows open, it was a hellacious trip.
At lest this is all silver/Grey except tires/rims. Except for driving and being stuck in traffic it is better than when I had my Corvette, black leather interior would take the T-Tops off and after sitting in the sun would burn my legs getting into it. Once in a while was smart enough to add a towel.

Well the shot helped some, the pills she gave me are great some kind of souped up anti-flammatory, made thing only 30 pills and no refills and not sure if regular doc would order them really need to transfer as I don't care for him but cheap. Besides helping my shoulder helped the back and knee, worked all day and into the night haven't been able to do that for a long time. Next day wasn't as good but still better. Can do some basic stuff that was really hard to do so thats great news, when you can't lift your arm on it's own over your chest becomes limiting.

·
Super Moderator
64,392 Posts
Glad to hear you’re at least getting some relief, xredge.

Spooky1 and I took advantage of the break in really hot weather today and got out on one of the local lakes with the kayaks. Very peaceful ( though occasionally strenuous) way to spend an hour or so. We almost had the whole lake to ourselves.

56601 - 56620 of 56637 Posts