Haunt Forum banner
56621 - 56637 of 56637 Posts

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Do NOT give garlic to a cat. Here’s the skinny on it from the ASPCA web site, and you’ll find the same information on sites with info on pet poisons:

“Onions, Garlic, Chives - These vegetables and herbs can cause gastrointestinal irritation and could lead to red blood cell damage and anemia. Although cats are more susceptible, dogs are also at risk if a large enough amount is consumed. “
Oh dear, I did not know that. Thank you. I thought, from everything I read, garlic was a healthy natural repellent to fleas for pets. Now I know. As it turned out Lucy wouldn't touch anything with fresh chopped garlic.

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
64,392 Posts
It’s likely an issue based on how much garlic an animal consumes, PG. Cats aren’t very big, so it increases the risk of their having a bad reaction to something ingested.

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Glad to hear you’re at least getting some relief, xredge.

Spooky1 and I took advantage of the break in really hot weather today and got out on one of the local lakes with the kayaks. Very peaceful ( though occasionally strenuous) way to spend an hour or so. We almost had the whole lake to ourselves.

That sounds like heaven to me!

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
And before you buy a Seresto collar, read this:

Frontline kicked in so I'm calmer and Lucy is less miserable. I did purchase the Seresto collar, but PetSmart said I could return it. I also bought the natural spray, witch I haven't used yet.

I was aware of the complaints against Seresto but another agency said it was OK and it made the top five for 2022. Still I was desperate and really didn't want to use it and now I don't think I have to. Frontline was number 2. Thank you Roxy for responding. I really appreciate it and you confirmed, for me, that I really didn't want to use Seresto. All drugs have risks, humans and pets alike but different agencies saying different things makes me very very nervous.

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
That's why I believe the reboots of his work never really have the impact of the originals ... it was so right the first time.

So the missus and I are over the hump with this Covid-19 thing. Still can't talk without coughing up a spleen, though. No energy, but since I've always been a lazy S.O.B. anyway, no one notices.

I am so glad you and your wife are feeling better Dr. Maniaco!! Wishing you a smooth recovery Covid sucks.

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
So hot here. For the last few weeks it's been in the 90's and the weather channel says it feels like 103. Way to hot for this time of year; it worries me. Tonight I ran to Publix supermarket, about 8:30PM for ice (my ice maker broke) and ice cream. Five minute drive back home and both were melted somewhat. This kind of early hot weather makes me start to freak out about hurricanes. I'm very worried.

·
Super Moderator
64,392 Posts
Drove up to Gettysburg today to visit some old friends. It was a lovely day for a drive.

Sky Cloud Plant Car Ecoregion

Reactions: Hairazor

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
This is a weird one. The wife of a patient seems to do something to hurt him every day. I brought it to the attention of a regular nurse and she was like "oh yeah, she told me she wants him to die and I don't blame her. He's on dialysis and she doesn't want to take care of him." So crazy to me. I would have done anything for my loved ones. He's fine, his grown children come and adore him. I'm chilled to the bone by the wife and the nurse.

I think the daughter hates her, a lot of stuff there. Adorable grandchildren. They all love him.

She almost made him fall yesterday; I was beyond angry. I called in a therapist to help (luckily she was in the next room). Witness: the therapist told her "you almost killed your husband". The PT was angry, more than me if possible. I was amazed at how normal she sounded. Just normal , voice calm. I wanted to scream. I was and am so grateful someone else was there and saw this. The PT in a very calm, deliberate voice told off the wife and recorded it all.

Today the daughter and grandchildren visited and nothing happened.

I took care of my parents and they were far worse off then this man. He's young 70's, needs dialysis, but mentally fine. I would have done anything. I don't understand.

I do get not being able to take care of a loved one; its so hard Just why hurt them? Make other arrangements and move on. Or let another. willing, family member do it and don't be awful to them.

Just, each and every one of us faces this. I think families should take care of each other with kindness and love. I see this a lot and it always makes me happy.

·
Super Moderator
64,392 Posts
PG, what the wife is doing at best falls under the heading of adult abuse and at worst as attempted murder, both of which are a crime in Florida and elsewhere. Does anyone who is in a position to protect vulnerable residents ever get told about these incidents? Does Adult Protective Services get notified?

56621 - 56637 of 56637 Posts