Haunt Forum banner
56721 - 56740 of 56793 Posts

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
There is a daughter of a patient here who is giving me deja vu. Just like I did, she is trying so hard to take care of her Mother, not understanding anything and just so confused. When I was taking care of my Mother I was terrified and seeing other people like this pisses me off. I don't understand why health care is such a secret. If I had known what I know now My Mother would have had a better end of life and I would have had a life. I have a tremendous amount of anger about this. It's one of the major reasons I got into this....helping people avoid what I went through. I think I have somewhat, I hope.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
I have a patient who loves Halloween, crafting, the dollar store, lol. We talk a lot about this as you can imagine. She's even had her daughter bring in some of her smaller projects to show me. Pretty impressive!!! She has shown (taught me) a few tricks with LEDs, that I appreciate very much. She has some major medical issues but is very motivated and doing well. She wants some of the glitter led pumpkins I purchased so I'm bringing them in tomorrow.

I have another patient who is such a lovely woman and wants to be totally independent almost to her own detriment. Lots of medical issues there too. With both of these impressive patients I'm in awe. I don't know if I'd have the strength to go through what they are going through and be as independent as they are and determined to be. BTW one's in her 70's the other 80 something. Their minds are fine, just normal, very strong, really nice people, doing the best they can and better than most.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have a patient who loves Halloween, crafting, the dollar store, lol. We talk a lot about this as you can imagine. She's even had her daughter bring in some of her smaller projects to show me. Pretty impressive!!! She has shown (taught me) a few tricks with LEDs, that I appreciate very much. She has some major medical issues but is very motivated and doing well. She wants some of the glitter led pumpkins I purchased so I'm bringing them in tomorrow.

I have another patient who is such a lovely woman and wants to be totally independent almost to her own detriment. Lots of medical issues there too. With both of these impressive patients I'm in awe. I don't know if I'd have the strength to go through what they are going through and be as independent as they are and determined to be. BTW one's in her 70's the other 80 something. Their minds are fine, just normal, very strong, really nice people, doing the best they can and better than most.
Wish I could be like that right now. Only in my 50's and just fed up at the moment.

·
Super Moderator
64,481 Posts
Ohhh that looks interesting, please share! details!!

But firstly, do tell about your theater gig (concert) how did that go?
Not much yet to share on the prop other than it being a type of groundbreaker.

The theater gig was a concert performance of an Offenbach comic operatta “The Brigands”. It was scheduled to run for three performances on Labor Day weekend, but Covid reared its ugly head and took out the guy in the lead role and one of the female leads along with her cover during tech week. We had to cancel public performances, but were able to do an invitation-only, family and close friends performance on Sunday. One of the guys in the chorus covered the male lead (and did a fabulous job) and the director covered the female lead. She did the lines and another lady sang her songs from off stage. All things considered, it turned out okay.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Wish I could be like that right now. Only in my 50's and just fed up at the moment.

I understand that, been there and still there. I wish I could give you some advice but I have none except when I'm at my worse I tell myself "fake it till you make it", and then I do just that. It doesn't really fix anything but it does help you feel normal and calm. Gives me a chance to take a deep breath and figure out what's going on and how to fix/change it.

I think my patient/friend is giving a little attention to things that give her some joy instead of obsessing on health problems 24/7. I think it's really important to do that, for all of us, to have a good time while we are here, no matter what.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Not much yet to share on the prop other than it being a type of groundbreaker.

The theater gig was a concert performance of an Offenbach comic operatta “The Brigands”. It was scheduled to run for three performances on Labor Day weekend, but Covid reared its ugly head and took out the guy in the lead role and one of the female leads along with her cover during tech week. We had to cancel public performances, but were able to do an invitation-only, family and close friends performance on Sunday. One of the guys in the chorus covered the male lead (and did a fabulous job) and the director covered the female lead. She did the lines and another lady sang her songs from off stage. All things considered, it turned out okay.

Well it sounds like it went impressively well despite losing the leads. :DI don't understand why you had to cancel public performances. I know all states are different. Right now even my medical facility isn't that strict, not that I would use this place as a standard. ;)

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
View attachment 22332
Here’s a another picture for you, PG. I extended the neck because I think it looks cooler that way and it also allowed me to get a more expressive position for the head.
View attachment 22332
Here’s a another picture for you, PG. I extended the neck because I think it looks cooler that way and it also allowed me to get a more expressive position for the head.
OK, this may sound odd. But she looks like a ballerina. I am excited to see you create this!!!!

·
Super Moderator
64,481 Posts
OK, this may sound odd. But she looks like a ballerina. I am excited to see you create this!!!!
Not odd at all. When I was posing the arms, I told Spooky1 it made the skellie look like a dancer:) I actually was torn between sticking with the existing skull (more creepy, and the eyes light up) or going with a female wig head (more graceful and lovely). As you can see, I decided to keep the skull.

As for the performance cancellations, part of it was due to low ticket sales for the Friday show and part of it was due to having to regroup and figure out what to do when the second lead and her cover (who got her positive PCR test result right before opening weekend) were unable to perform. I expect the director felt it wouldn’t be appropriate to ask patrons to pay for performances under the circumstances, which is why we went to a free, invitees only show for one day.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I understand that, been there and still there. I wish I could give you some advice but I have none except when I'm at my worse I tell myself "fake it till you make it", and then I do just that. It doesn't really fix anything but it does help you feel normal and calm. Gives me a chance to take a deep breath and figure out what's going on and how to fix/change it.

I think my patient/friend is giving a little attention to things that give her some joy instead of obsessing on health problems 24/7. I think it's really important to do that, for all of us, to have a good time while we are here, no matter what.
Thanks PG. It has been a rough time since Aug 22nd. I had a mild heart attack that afternoon and I'm just feeling a bit useless at the moment. Can't even do anything Halloweeny as I am under orders not to strain my heart muscles. Going to change my lifestyle now. Lose weight and get a bit fitter than I was.

·
Super Moderator
64,481 Posts
Geez, Doc, I’m still trying to get ONE thing done for THIS year’s display. Quit being so productive and ambitious AND thinking ahead:eek::p

56721 - 56740 of 56793 Posts