Haunt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got two more how-to's coming up for the end of this season. They both concern the creation of an outdoor-safe LED spotlight system.

Today, I ordered all the parts I'll need to create my LED spotlight system for outdoor use, and within the next week they should arrive for me to start building and photographing the process.

The first how-to will be on how to build a weatherproof outdoor LED spotlight with a wire and connector to hook it up to the power distribution center.

The second how-to, will be how to build an outdoor-safe power distribution center for powering up to 20 spotlights (should you need that many).

I should note, the resistor values and building process will differ dramatically from the process I use to make the 9v battery-operated units that some of you already have. Your 9v battery operated units are not weatherproof, and should not be used outdoors in wet or rainy weather.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Hmmmm...not a typical Lotus post...there isn't one word that is repeated at least a hundred times. :p

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I'm happy to say I finally got the rest of the effing parts to build the spotlights in the mail today, so I'll probably be starting in on them either tonight or tomorrow.

Just in the nick of time too, as I'll be putting out the mailbox skellies on Saturday and NEED the damned spotlights ready for them. :D

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, the mailbox skellies are up and the LED spotlights are running on them. I have done a few revisions on the spotlights themselves and await the first rain to determine how well they are weatherproofed. Once I have established that they are in fact weatherproof, then I shall post the how-to for them (and the power supply).

All I can say so far is they look pretty good for such a small light source. Nowhere near as overpowering as the floodlights, but powerful enough for small to medium items.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, wound up using it indoors, but it's definitely going to go into the Skeleton Comedy club this year to add to the decor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts