Haunt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last years bone fountain was impressive but splashed quite a bit sitting in an old planter. This year I'm inside helping a haunt run by the city and held in a gym so no water on the floor! I built this base for the fountain and problem solved.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Death Wraith I love this fountain, it is really impressive!!! Have you taken any pictures of it running? If so I would like to see. :D

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sure do! Of course the photo doesn't do justice but you CAN see the splashing on the ground around the fountain. I used a couple bottles of the Wilton paste food coloring for the red.

The fountain was sitting in one of those pedestal-type planters. I threw on the stringy spider webs at the last minute.

DW

·
JT's Sidekick
2,630 Posts
Nice prop!!!! Need to add this to my list for next year.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
I like your fountain ,
what is the red stuff inbetween the bones ?
makes it look like bloody flesh

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The red between the bones on the fountain and base is our old standard Great Stuff which is excellent for holding it all together. I painted it deep red with gloss craft paint. That was the most time consuming part. Luckly my son was more than willing to help out this year. Here he is working on it:

I wanted to add more bits and pieces of bones and guts or maybe drape creepy cloth or even bits of shirts among the guts but ran out of time for this project.

Next year I may build a large three legged bone tripod to lift the whole thing up of the ground.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup. Bag of Bones (actually two when combining last years with this years) and a couple extra skulls. I brush on/wipe off some Golden Oak wood stain to give em the weathered look.

DW

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Thank you for posting that picture Death Wraith. It looks wonderful!! I bet a lot of people rave about your bone fountain at the City Haunt. :D :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts