Haunt Forum banner

Ur Workshop

9K views 95 replies 42 participants last post by  bentneedle 
#1 ·
Wasnt sure where to put this.

Was just curious to see where everone does ther prop building.

Post a pic of your workshop, studio, garage, or whever u do ur building.

Fig it would be different to see. I thought i saw a post like this a whilie back but cant find it.

#8 ·
Wow I just finished putting my new bench and shelves up too ..It's in my basement.
I do use kitchen table, and garage but no pic but heres my workshop..still have some tools i want to hang yet .

I also have a pantry type thing to the left of the black workbench for storage and stuff

#14 ·
I'm very lucky I have a great work-shopin my basement and I have 2 storage areas at my mom/dads because thats where we do are large display I don't have the yard for it...But my work-shop is my heaven my get away from kids and family but my daughter is always finding her way down...Hers my heaven even have air cond. down there.....

#19 ·
*Sigh* My workshop(AKA garage) is a disaster area right now. My husband thinks he has to strow his RC stuff all over the place and leave the tools all nilly willy everywhere. I even made him his OWN area, but he leaves it in shambles:

He also keeps stealing my folding benches for his own purposes when he has plenty of his own bench and shelving space.
The kids' junk takes up a lot of my space too:

Most of the time I just use my folding benches and the driveway anways. Sometimes I even have help, even if he is just a slacker:

But my main workspace is my desk and the floor around it:

I have tons of cabinets that hold all of my paints, tape, liquid nails, caulk, latex, dryloc, painting supplies, spray paints, etc.. then the hand tool cabinet, the power tool cabinet, the fog machine cabinet... etc I like keeping everything behind the doors of the cabinets so it looks less cluttered. Unfortunately, Andy's a slob when it comes to the workspace. That drives me NUTS!

#20 ·
OMG....all these nice neat work areas. How do you guys build with everything that neat? This is how I do it...I start by setting up a table in the driveway to work on. Now the creative part comes into play. First, decide what you want to make, let's use a tombstone for an example, nice and easy. Crawl through an opening in the garage to find a piece of foam...take it outside. Crap, forgot the marker to draw the shape. Hmmmm, where is it? Can't find it so upstairs and empty the drawer till I find a marker that still works. Back downstairs and out into the driveway. Stencils...where are they...I know I have some around here somewhere. Upstairs into the hall closet, my desk, down into the garage...finally...forget it, I'll freehand it. Find the foam cutter. WOOOHOOOO, almost right where I left it last time. Turn it on...batteries are dead. BACK upstairs to find batteries (luckily this time I have some and don't have to run to Walmart). Back downstairs and to the driveway. Cut it out and now it's time to plus in the wood burning tool for the letters. Untie the extension cord octopus that's laying on the floor, find the wood burner and back to work. Sandpaper...that's another story. Paint...ah yes, I need paint, which is buried in here somewhere. And brushes...I just bought a pack now where are they? By now it's getting late and I have to start dinner so it's time to throw everything back inside the garage and start again tomorrow. It's a wonder ANYTHING ever gets built.

I do have pics of the mess that is my garage. I'll post them when I can find the camera! :D

#30 ·
I can vouch for that and the condition of her garage. I however refuse to post current pics of my garage. Went out there today to work on a car and relised I had not been there since moving the xmas crap and it is a disaster:mad:

#22 ·
Miss Trish, you and are are sooo alike. We simply must build together someday.

Halloween just insn't halloween without looking for stuff you know you have. I just don't feel the same rush if I'm not looking for the missing piece of the fcg days before the party. Cool, found it, now to screw it back on.... has anyone seen my drill??/?

I LOVE halloween.

#23 ·
Yeah i wish my space was neat like the pic i posted..i just happened to finish kinda organizing it after i put my new workbench and shelves together thats why it looks "neat" . It's usually a mess (ask my hubby) and soon will be again. I just havent been doing anything down there since then.
trish .funny..sounds just like me everything all over the place usually and by the time i find what i need to make something i'm tired haha..

#26 ·
Krough..nice...the wall puter is what i thought it was also .
I have an old puter i was thinking of taking down to my shop also, since it's right under the room where this one is anyways be easy to hook up.
But that will prob happen who knows when.

#27 ·
That is an LCD on the wall yes, the actual computer is on the other side of the wall behind the LCD. I originally had the computer under the bench, but I was worried that all vibration on the workbench from hammering and vise work and such would be bad for the disk drive, so I moved it. There are also speakers in that wall so I have music in the shop as well. Yay!

#29 ·
geesh all these workshops makes me soooooooo jealous.... trish, im just like you lol. i usually do all work in the garage around everything. This year I am hoping to get a "workshop" together. My fiance bought a worktable from a friend. Yay! our first official workshop peice. lol. Great lookin shops guys. Any of you wanna come over and help me get one together? :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.