Haunt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if there has already been a thread for this, if there has, I can't find it, so, sorry for starting another one.
I'm just curious what the urban legends are where our fellow haunters live. We, of course, have the infamous NJ Devil. In my town there was also a legend of a family of albino's that lived on a small, dirt road called Essex Road. There was supposedly one spot on the road where your car would stall out and if you could get it started, it wouldn't go above 15 MPH. These stories were going around from as far back as I could remember. When my kids started hearing the stories as they got a little older they wanted to go see for themselves what it was about. For any of you that have kids, I apologize in advance if you find what I did offensive, LOL, but it was summer vacation, it was HOT and they had gotten on my LAST nerve. One night, they asked again if we could go to Essex Road. Well, after they had spent the day pissing me off, I decided to get even. My girlfriend and I loaded up our kids into the van just about at dusk. It was my four kids, ages, 6, 8, 10 and 12, my daughter's friend, age 10, my son's friend, age 8 and my girlfriend and her son, also age 6. Before leaving, I had called my cousin to go out there and hide in the woods. He laid a stick across the path where he was hiding so I could stall out my van at that point. Well, it was just about dark when we pulled onto Essex Road and the kids are starting to freak out a bit. When I found the stick, I pretended that the van was acting up. (It had a manual transmission so it was easy to stall it) Once I stalled the van, he came running out of the woods with a horrible latex mask on, dressed completely in ripped up, bloody clothes, and started banging on the roof and sides of the van. By now the kids are screaming, one of them wet their pants, my daughters friend was holding s crucifix she brought with her and squeezed it so hard she bent it, and the rest are hiding all curled up on the back seat. Well, I finally got the van restarted and drove off. On the way home, once they calmed back down, they started acting tough, saying, ":I wasn't really scared" and all that crap. Well, when we got home, one wouldnt get out of the car and 2 got out and started screaming at the top of their lungs when the walked around the side of the van. Seems that while driving down that little narrow path, the tree branches scratched the paint off my van and it looked the Freddy Kruger had been there! HEHEHE...at least if my kids needed therapy I would know WHY!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts