Haunt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Did you see this video? It shows the mechanics pretty well

A motor that pauses and reverses is usually binding in my experience. Can you simulate the motion of all the parts without the motor attached, just to make sure your geometry is all in order?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Could you drill a hole in the motor bracket, counter sink with a larger bit, then install a countersunk screw through it? Then you could drill 2 holes in your first arm and use a nut on your new screw to hold it down. I haven't made this one, but looking at what I have seen so far, that would be my best guess. Glad you are up and going either way!
Wood Font Rectangle Auto part Flooring

·
Registered
280 Posts
If you know the diameter of the shaft, it might be easier to just print an arm! Based on the scale of the screw driver in your photo, I guessed at 8mm and sketched a quick arm which holes every inch for mounting the connecting rod. If the sizes are accurate and something like this works, let me know and I believe I can upload a file you could just 3D print straight away. (I use .stl... believe that is fairly universal?)

(this is 'upside down' for printing)
That is great, a perfect use for 3D printing- what app did you use to make that sketch? I bought an Ender printer a few months ago, and imagined using it for scenarios just like this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts