Haunt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Looks like that video should get you what you need. Basically, attach one more arm to the motor output, then use your steel strap as a 'connecting rod' between the (new) motor arm and the arm on the 'leering' rod you already have.

Ideally, you could move the center shaft of the motor as close as possible to a 90° angle from the pivot on the leering arm turning the skeleton. That would get you the maximum amount of 'twist' with the motor rotation. Having the motor out in front like in the video isn't necessarily bad, and can even give some slight irregularity to the movement (which may even be desirable), but you may have to experiment with arm lengths a little bit to avoid binding at the extremes.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
If you know the diameter of the shaft, it might be easier to just print an arm! Based on the scale of the screw driver in your photo, I guessed at 8mm and sketched a quick arm which holes every inch for mounting the connecting rod. If the sizes are accurate and something like this works, let me know and I believe I can upload a file you could just 3D print straight away. (I use .stl... believe that is fairly universal?)

(this is 'upside down' for printing)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Well, I use BobCAD to draw up the parts. Don't use BobCAD. It's pretty terrible... just happens to be what I know and can usually sketch enough to get by. Probably something like sketch up or solidworks would be much better. I just haven't attacked the learning curve on those yet!

I'll attach the .stl file if it is of any use. (OK, stl is not supported. I'll call it .txt and likely it will need to be renamed to an .stl extension once downloaded)

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts