Haunt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In lieu of a dremel, can a portable router be used to carve pink foam board? I'm making stone walls for a facade across my driveway. Following uncle Binley's plans but I may not have access to a dremel as suggested. Was thinking I could lay my hands on a portable router, but wanted opinions on this before.
Thanks as always.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My only concern about a full-size router would be the speed of the bit. If you can slow it down enough to not melt your foam, ROCK ON!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I just use a razor blade and then my trunk key to "chissel" out the letters... I have a dremmel... not sure why I dont use it...LOL

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have used a craftsman (sears) dremel clone with a router attachment. It's like a frame that goes around the dremel to keep it perpendicular to the foam board. My only problem that I experienced was having the chuck get loose so the bit would slowly drop lower and lower.

·
Banned
764 Posts
mrklaw said:
I have used a craftsman (sears) dremel clone with a router attachment. It's like a frame that goes around the dremel to keep it perpendicular to the foam board. My only problem that I experienced was having the chuck get loose so the bit would slowly drop lower and lower.
is the chuck like a drill where they have 4 sides to tighten? My drill is getting to the point where i have to tighten all sides. Cant help the drill is older then me though. Im not sure if it makes a difference or im tightening the bit hard as i can either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts