Haunt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I don't if anyone has tried this before but I found if I mix a little acrylic paint with water and soak a piece of fabric in it, the fabric looks better than when I use regular fabric dye. It keeps the color I want the fabric to be. Not only that but you can mold it slightly to the shape you want after or during it dries.

I tried it on cheesecloth and the colors looked amazing. I still have to experiment with other cloth.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
I haven't used Acrylic paint ...but i do use latex paint and water mix to dye cloth also..holds up better and doesnt run..Or at least mine hasn't.
The acrylic as you say has a heavier coat in order to mold it then..kinda like MM if thinnned. Does it crack after dried ?
I just use mine for creepy cloths and wall coverings.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
I tried this on white sheets this weekend

i just added a squirt or 2 out of the bottle of black paint to about a gallon or 2 of water

sheets turned grey.............and i soaked for a while

i may try a little more paint or add some dye to darken the color
i haven't decided yet

but they were a little stiff i noticed

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I've used the left-over water from rinsing my paintbrushes to dye cheesecloth. It really doesn't take much paint to dye stuff. You can always re-dye if you wanted it darker/different color. Acrylics won't wash out, so you can layer the colors to get some pretty cool effects too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.