Haunt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else seen this film? If not, I suggest you do. Now!

·
Banned
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. And I also loved the interesting and surprisingly complex story. There were quite a few things I recognized this film was doing that I don't think I'd have ever picked up on in an English-speaking film. The three Asian horror films I've seen so far have been vastly more intelligent, intricate, and of higher quality than many American horror films. Almost any of the new millenium.

·
Banned
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
**Spoiler (minor)**

What are you saying, there's another version of this movie? A manga one? Well, I thought this movie was absolutely brilliant and I keep saying I'm going to watch part of it again. I will but anyway... My favorite part was the scene in the Girls' Bathroom right after the boy dies from falling down the spiral staircase, and the conversation they have about "being noticed". First of all, the scene was a masterpiece in terms of just style and sound. Secondly, we really see what the girls' are talking about, prophetically start to unveil itself as the film progresses.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The manga was before the film. The movie was inspired by the manga and the manga style. That style is common in Japanese films expecially the dark feel and the grays and black style with a hint of red. The spirals is what defined the film but that style was used in the manga version.

·
Banned
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And manga is a style of comic book / art literature? Or was it a video / television series? Movie?

·
Banned
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
So, it's like a book-type novel? Did you say you read it, is it long, have more details than shared in the movie?

·
Banned
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually I'm not at all interested in looking at the book / novel series. I don't want my opinion of this movie to change. It's one of the reasons I never read any of the books movies are based on.

·
Banned
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, that's if your main passion is literature, which mine clearly isn't. Comparing a book to a movie is not right or fair, regardless of even the fact that sometimes a movie is adapted from a book. They're two different worlds and I have always much prefered film.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts