Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Are you always like this?
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a vampire cape that I just finished up this afternoon.

It's black crepe. The lining is deep red taffeta, the kind that shadows to black depending upon the angle/lighting.

You can never go wrong with a good vampire cape. Everybody should have one in their haunted wardrobe. :)

·
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much ladies!!!

Pattie, you can come here any time for a sewing clinic!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Wow..

Yunno, capes and such are not my thing but that one is truly incredible. Looks like some of the stuff I have seen at Universal Studios, pro stuff.

You must have some background in making clothing? I would think you could make a few bucks selling these around this time? Even renting them out would help to make more.

Im off on a tangent...sorry. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL, I would love to have one to run up and down the street with yelling... "Look at meeeee" "Im a vampire!!!" wheeeeee.... Im retarted...''

Very nice work!

Melty

·
Registered
302 Posts
wow that looks awsome... great job

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
really nice Mrs.W
perfect color red in that.
That clasp is an excellent choice!

·
Registered
670 Posts
That cape is indeed beautiful. I had actually been shopping for some kind of dress and cape (although I am terrified I'd get the cape caught in a prop or something and tear my own head off ha, ha). I saw NOTHING as beautiful as that though. You do incredible work.

The red inside is absolutely perfect also. Wow.

·
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow! Thanks so much for all of the kind comments!

I really loved making this cape. The red taffeta just glows and the black crepe sets it off nicely.

Meltdown, no I don't have a background in making clothing, other than learning as a kid, then not doing much for 20 years. It's a hobby for me. :)

·
Registered
670 Posts
After seeing your cape, i decided to go through the costume section (trying to come up with a costume for this year).

I found several of your creations. No offense but why oh why are you not selling these beautiful costumes you are making? I can't sew a button on (OK, I can but it looks like a 4 year old did it). Everything you have posted is stunning and incredibly well-done. They put everything I've seen to shame.

You have an incredible talent. Wow is about all I can come up with.

·
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Daphne, thanks SO much - I hope to improve my skills and perhaps get something going next year. I just purchased a high end sewing maching that has some wonderful stitching that I hope will give a more professional finish to my garments. Your comments are very kind!

Wow, wonderful, great why don't you just stop buying fabric make some more of this stuff and sell it.......please...:D
Hey, I left you for a few hours and this is what you're up to? I thought you were working.... :p

<I wonder if this has anything to do with buying more fabric today...> :confused:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.