Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your favorite vampire film?

Mine is and always will be Interview with the Vampire. It is not exactly scary as it is gothic. It is more focused on the emotion of the vampire then on the idea of horror though in many aspects of the film the horror aspect is there. The fact these creatures have the ability to walk into society and just kill random people without being caught or even known is one of the greatist scares anyone can go through. I mean take the prostitute whose fears were brought by pure pleasure then she discoveries these were not typical men but monsters. The fact the emotions were there was far removed from Anne Rice novel. The emotions of being something sinister knowing full well of your past and who you once were is horrific enough. Many horror fans don't like this movie for the fact it is to "pretty" but just imagine walking down the street and entering a bar and some suductive female or male talks to you indicating interest then they take you to were ever you desire and kill you and those few seconds before death you feel the fear that your life will end in that moment. Or they might make you suffer intense pain before you die. The films idea wasn't exactly to scare you but to get the image behind the vampires themselves. Romantic vampires are known to be suductive in order to get their prey. Like anything they are probably the most feared of all creatures cause you never know when they are coming expecially with Anne Rice vampires in which the cross does no good and the only thing that can effect them is the sun.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Vampire Movies---Let's see, I am more inclined to lean the way of the monstrous Vampire: The Subspecies Series, John Carpenter's Vampire's, Nosferatu, Blacula, Vampire Hunter D, The Lost Boys, Near Dark immediately come to mind.

As far as seductive Vamps go it's: Bram Stokers Dracula, Interview with the Vampire, Fright Night, Dracula (1931), The Vampire Lovers, The Horror of Dracula to name but a few.

IMHO there aren't any more than 50 REAL GOOD Vampire films made.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sinister said:
Vampire Movies---Let's see, I am more inclined to lean the way of the monstrous Vampire: The Subspecies Series, John Carpenter's Vampire's, Nosferatu, Blacula, Vampire Hunter D, The Lost Boys, Near Dark immediately come to mind.

As far as seductive Vamps go it's: Bram Stokers Dracula, Interview with the Vampire, Fright Night, Dracula (1931), The Vampire Lovers, The Horror of Dracula to name but a few.

IMHO there aren't any more than 50 REAL GOOD Vampire films made.
I love Bram Stokers Dracula myself. I enjoy Gary Oldman's portrayal of Dracula. Very rare to find someone with such ideal as he is.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Vampire Movies!

It's probably a foregone conclusion that everyone of us on this board to a person is a fan to some extent of the genre. I've stated that there probably aren't more than 50 worth viewing, and of this posting, I've yet to be proven wrong. Here are some of my favorites (Hell no, I'm not going to list 50. I said there probably aren't more than that number; I didn't say I've actually SEEN those 50!) as always they aren't in any type of order:

1. Fright Night I & II
2. The Subspecies Series
3. The Lost Boys
4. Nosferatu (1922)
5. Dracula (1932)
6. The Blacula Movies
7. Bram Stokers, Dracula
8. Interview With The Vampire
9. The Vampire Hunter D Movies
10. The Christopher Lee Dracula films.
11. Lifeforce
12. Vampire in Brooklyn
13. The House of Dark Shadows
14. The Night Flyer
15. Salems Lot
16. The Vampire Lovers
17. Kolchak: The Night Stalker
18. The Vampire Journals
19. Near Dark
20. Underworld

There are others, but I will list some I haven't seen and hope to soon. That is if I can find them, or someone is kindly enough to make me a copy. ;)

Blood and Roses, The Blood Spattered Bride, Razor Blade Smile, Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah vampire films ^^ You know I am into them.

1. Interview with the Vampire
2. Vampire Hunter D
3. Vampire Hunter D: Blood Lust
4. Bram Stoker's Dracula
5. The Breed
6. The Lost Boys
7. Nosferatu
8. Bela Lugius (sp?) Dracula
9. Ultra Violet (Even though that is a series I liked it)
10. Blood: The Last Vampire (More for visual appeal then story)

That is my ten I could be forgetting some.

·
Registered
140 Posts
A few of my favourites... off the top of my head would be:

1) Dracula (Universal)
2) Nosferatu (and the Herzog remake)
3) The Lost Boys
4) Near Dark
5) Salem's Lot (horrid film, but a wicked vampire :D )
6) Underworld (say what you may, I liked this flick)
7) Blade and Blade 2
8) Francis Ford Coppola's 'Dracula'
9) Any "Christopher Lee" as Dracula flick
10) Andy Warhol's Dracula

:D

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
How in the name of all that's Holy could I forget the Blade movies? *Sound of hand slapping forehead*

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Lilith said:
Blade to me was bad then again they killed a hot vampire in the first one :mad: Ugh! Sorry I just love vampires to much.
Which Vampire might that be? The one portrayed by Traci Lords?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I love vampire movies but I only have a few selection of favorites and they are:

1. The Lost Boys
2. Dracula (1932)
3. Bram Stockers Dracula
4. Interview with the Vampire
5. Blade
6. Buffy the Vampire Slayer

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Lilith said:
That Ice character... I think that is his name. I don't know much about the actors in the movie.
Actually it's Frost. Deacon Frost. :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Here are my favorites:

1. Fright Night
2. Nosferatu
3. Dracula (1931 Spanish Version)
4. Dracula (1931 English Version)
5. Interview with a Vampire
6. Bram Stoker's Dracula
7. Innocent Blood
8. Blade
9. Fearless Vampires Killers
10. A Return to Salem's Lot! :D I know, but I like this movie!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here are my favs

1)Bram Stoker's Dracula
2)Interview with a Vampire
3)Lost Boys
4)Blade I & II
5)Underworld
6)Queen of the Damned
7)John Carpenter's Vampires
8)Fright Night
9)Nosferatu
10)salem's Lot

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
I thought it was time to bring this thread back up. I know there are some of you, especially the ladies who like movies about the undead monsters known as Vampires. This is a faves thread, and though I do not favor these things that much (For some reason, I loathe the word "Fave") I understand the necessity for them so we can learn just a little more about each other. So check out this oldie but goodie and list some of your "faves" on this space. :xbones:

·
Bataholic
2,725 Posts
My first choice is The Lost Boys. It was my 2nd Vampire movie and when it came out I was hooked. Ill never tire of that movie.
The first one I ever saw was Love at first Bite. I believe that is its name.
Then its Interview and Bram Stokers Dracula. That Gary with Long hair and those blue glasses. And oh those eyes......
Oh he!!, They are all my #1s. :>

·
Registered
186 Posts
I love vampire flicks !! Here's my list:

Fright Night (my fav)
Interview with a Vampire
From Dusk Till Dawn
Shadow of the Vampire
Nosferatu 1922
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Dracula 1931