Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know I am making a large demon (courtesy of cassie7) to go along with my small one and the babys
I was playing around with my wings and saw something that would work perfect I thought.
Rhubarb leaves ..yup thats what I said alright.
I dumped a bunch in my fire pit last week and some were still very pliable and turning red in spots. My leaves are pretty big so I didnt need alot to cover the area.
I used floor adhesive to to attach them to the gauze I already had on the wings to the back side of wing
then I let the adhesive set a bit..
(hint do not let the leaves dry out before painting)
I painted the leafed side so far using latex paint and floor adhesive mixed
this dries pretty fast also.
heres a pic of it leafed
I later cut the wing edgings before painting it

back side edges cut

painted side with vein look

I put it in here because I am not done with these and wanted to know what everyone thought..
also I prob wont leaf the underside, but needs painting

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Joker,Sickie,....these will hold up great I have used this paint method on my small guy and it is more of a rubberized coating when dry. Should do well in rain .

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
That looks pretty cool Lilly....the veining is awesome. I too would be interested in how it turns out when finished.
Mmmmm...rhubarb pie....gonna take a while to kick that craving!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
That looks great Lilly. I would never have thought to use Rhubarb leaves. I know the Rhubarb leaves are toxic.
Be interesting to see how they hold up with the paint on them.
Will have to experiment with my Rhubarb leaves as well. Maybe this weekend since the weather is supposed to be nice.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone...
Bloodhound..the leaves I have can be up to 1 ft long.
BC ...I think they will hold up forever once this paint mixture I'm using is on both sides and it is all sealed.
Doc... if you don't have rhubarb do you get those plants that eventually turn into burrs(the kind that stick to you if you touch them ) they would work too flipped over, otherwise big leaf lettuce in the store same thing only smaller pieces.
Cassie ..I am always doing that ya never know.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts