Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, then how? you're not seriously gonna charge us for that info, are you?
LOL, no I wouldn't do that, just not sure the inventor would be to happy with me. I will give a hint, it involves a fan and a blacklight.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
LOL, no I wouldn't do that, just not sure the inventor would be to happy with me. I will give a hint, it involves a fan and a blacklight.
Ok, I'll take a stab at it... a fan, mounted from the front, blows the ghost's shawl out of the area the blacklight illuminates, and then when it turns off, the ghost flutters back into the blacklight's area of effect.

Close? Maybe? :confused:

I'd use a LARGE UV LED array (like the one in Haunted Attraction Magazine from a few years ago) to do this and just dim them on and off with a prop-1 or some other circuit to achieve the same effect

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I'll take a stab at it... a fan, mounted from the front, blows the ghost's shawl out of the area the blacklight illuminates, and then when it turns off, the ghost flutters back into the blacklight's area of effect.

Close? Maybe? :confused:

I'd use a LARGE UV LED array (like the one in Haunted Attraction Magazine from a few years ago) to do this and just dim them on and off with a prop-1 or some other circuit to achieve the same effect
LOL, your close but no.:D

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Why don't u just share? Thats what this forum is all about. :)
It would be nice and I'm sure your inventor isn't the only one who has discovered this effect. It just means more research for all your friends here at HF. :(

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok....How about the blacklight shines thru the fan....and the fan changes its angle to the blacklight????
Closest yet...He actually put the blacklight on a fan that turns back & forth, pretty clever. So the light only shines on the ghost as the fans passes by.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Troy, I take it you'll be doing the next NJ make and take tuturial on this after we finish working on the reindeer conversion?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Troy, Just another question....What type of blacklight dd he use??? Those Oscillating fans are not known for there durabilty in hallowen props and I don't want to overload it??? Got any pics of this setup? or is just your typical oscillating fan on a stand with say a 12" Flourescent blacklight fixture?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts