Haunt Forum banner

Vixen Halloween Sequences

11K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  TheOneAndOnlyKelly 
#1 ·
Anyone got any Vixen sequences they'd be willing to share? I finally got my LSC hack off the ground have have 6 channels right now, soon to be 17 (when I can get and assemble the parts). I've started the sequencing process, but am still new at it and it's taking a while...

#5 ·
Actually, I was thinking of something more along the lines of . This one was done, apparently, using LOR (Light-O-Rama) which is not compatible with what I'm doing.

I just spent the last 4 hours or so getting my Pumpkin face to do Grim Grinning Ghosts. I will post the sequence once I got it a little more polished.

#8 ·
#9 ·
I've created a test-board to see how well my Halloween lightshow will work. This is a smaller version of the singing Halloween face that will be put up on the side of the house, and will sing, using a program called Vixen along with some hardware. This is similar to the shows you typically see around Christmas with the big light shows set to music.

Here is a link to the first sequence: It's just 6 channels singing Grim Grinning Ghosts

My light show small scale platform, used for the singing Halloween face.

Halloween face with the lights out.

I discovered after I filmed this that one tooth on the top part of the mouth was longer than the other. Turned out I put lights into holes for a different (as of yet unused) channel. DOH! I was wondering why I needed 2 extra lights for that one...

#17 ·
I hacked a Mr. Christmas Lights and Sounds of Christmas box to take data from a parallel cable. I have 6 channels this way, working on expanding to 12.

On another note, I found a program that will convert Light-O-Rama sequences to Vixen. Seems to work pretty well, so my well of source material just expanded. I will be making these sequences available once I got some one. Right now I got Grim Grinning Ghosts and Addams Family done, working on Thriller and Ghost Riders in the Sky ATM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.