Haunt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question, how the heck do you record your voice on only one channel (left or right) so I can make two skulls talk back & forth, I use wavepad & audacity. I can't seem to figure it out. Would appreciate any help.

Thanks

·
Registered
171 Posts
With Audacity, my experience is you have to record two tracks, and then split each one into left/right channels. That's done with a little pulldown on the left side of each track recorded.

With the tracks split, you can mute one side or the other. For the right side talker, just must the left channel and then for the left side talker, mute the right side channel.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
There's more than one way to do it, this is just how I do it.

Open Audacity. Plug in your mic and hit the record button. Record one side first of your script,left or right it doesn't matter. leave some space for the other in between dialogue. Stop your recording and hit the the record button again. Another track will open automatically. Record the other half of your dialogue using the same technique as above. On each of the audio tracks there is a tab to left that says "Audio Track". Click each one and assign them either "Left Channel" or "Right channel" depending on which speaker you want each track to play on. You now have one "Left" channel and one "Right channel". CLick Play and you should here the tracks on seperate channels, but the dialogue may overlap each other. You can then use the editing tools to trim, duplicate and move bits of dialogue around.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After much gnashing to teeth, I've found a easy way to do this. Simply create a Stero track, then split the channels......Do your routine (both skulls)..After it's done you simply select the right or left channel & "generate Silence", work great and doesn't take alot of time! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.