Haunt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do I do if my wife and daughter want to register and vote for me. We live in the same house so it would be the same computer and the same IP address as the one i used to vote on.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Well, that all depends. Are they going to be around and actually be reading the forums and/or participating on a regular basis, or just registering to vote? If it's just to vote, then I'd have to ask that maybe you don't do it at this time.

How does everyone else feel about this? I'm too sleepy/groggy to make a good decision at the moment... so my final decision on this will come later in the AM.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Hmmmm... I've been thinking about this. I know of a few members whose wives have signed up here in the past and did vote in this round, so, in light of that, I think I'll allow it.

Just send me a private message with their e-mail addresses in it so I know who they are when they register.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
kryptonoff said:
its not fair to a limit i mean i know enough people to win they will vote for me .....but that aint right ...see what i mean? i know somone they know someone and keeps going .......? geez if i played that out right that bar would be packed i dont think we should be recruiting ..........
Yes, a valid point. I know both Vlad and DT's wives are on here, but least they participate in the forums sometimes and both were here before the contest was announced.

Hmmm... I think kryptonoff's got a good point there. It really isn't fair to be recruiting just to get votes. It doesn't really help the forums grow at all and it unfairly spikes the vote for people who just know a lot of people.

In fact, I believe I'll not be approving any more new registrations until after the voting closes. I hate being a bad guy, but this is my final decision on this. Some of you will agree with the decision, others will not... I've been pondering it since I read it earlier.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Plus my wife's vote really didn't help. I am not even close to getting third. Now I wish I had entered my pumpkinrot.

·
Ghost Maker
3,014 Posts
To me this is a friendly contest among peers, and peers only should vote. Yes, I got blown out of the water also but the props in the lead deserve the recognition they are getting. Everybody who made a prop deserves recognition for thier efforts, and I believe that happened in the discussion thread for the contest. I know that I learned a great deal following the progress of all of the props.

·
Registered
267 Posts
A newbie's thoughts

Zombie-F, you made the right decision.
It was hard enough to decide which three to pick (they are all great...believe me), and I too learned and lusted for them after looking at the entries. But this ain't the Nobel Peace Prize, it is just a friendly competition, and so, as you wisely decided, should be closed to people registering during this time just to spike votes.
And to those who are feeling like your entry wasn't worth a vote, please don't. I agonized over my choices, as I'm sure others did. I personally wanted to vote for them all, but because I couldn't, I will steal, I mean borrow (;) ) what ideas I can, and aspire to your level of talent even more because of this contest.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
I will have to agree with both of you. But I still don't like it when I dead to last. Even though you can't be first all the time. Because if that were true, then no one would want to enter the contests if one person wins all the time. I guess my wife was right about it when she told me "All you can do, is all you can do." I just got to hope that the tombstone contest works better for me. Even though I told krough that I wasn't going to enter. I guess that was me throwing a baby tantrum. I am over it now. Well, some what. LOL.

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
I would think if you needed 30 posts to enter, you would need 30 or more posts to vote.
Also I agree that I have both learned and been inspired by the works I have seen in this contest.As I understood the point of this contest was to show that you could build a prop and not spend a lot of money doing it. Who's is better is secondary. Any contest always brings out the dark side of those who value being rated better then somebody else no matter how lite hearted the contest or the razzing is. My suggestion would be to not have rating of first, second or third. Instead have the single rating of "best of show". Still voting for the ones you like, but having the number of votes secret to all but Zombi. The top vote getters get a "best of show" award and the same prize if there is one given.
I am all for having a contest because it brings out the creativness of some very talented people that here in the forum. And it give the rest of us a goal to strive for.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Just if any one was wondering. There has not been a large influx of new members flooding the voting system... I checked ...hehe.:D
I guess if I want an unpleasant steet T-shirt, I will have to get it the old fashioned way....and steal it.:smoking:

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Hehe... I just got my order in today for shirts for ME to wear... they actually look much better than I was anticipating. I have to tweak the Unpleasant Street shirt just a little, but they basically look really great!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Is there anything at all for last place?
(Crying sounds, wailing, gnashing of teeth from HalloweenRick's house...)

·
Registered
763 Posts
I think the "30 posts to vote" is a good idea altho I don't think anyone here would really recruit folks to register just to vote for them. All the entries were great and while there is a top prize, no one loses. We all have a new prop and know we can create more with very little expense. The contest has been fun and I've picked up ideas from all the entries. I almost didn't submit my entry to the contest because I was disappointed in it, and was kinda intimidated by all the talent here. Glad I did. Had fun and would do it again. On the downside.........I'm no longer quite so quiet as I HAD to have 30 posts to enter. You may be sorry :)

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Merlin (The Quiet One) said:
I think the "30 posts to vote" is a good idea altho I don't think anyone here would really recruit folks to register just to vote for them. All the entries were great and while there is a top prize, no one loses. We all have a new prop and know we can create more with very little expense. The contest has been fun and I've picked up ideas from all the entries. I almost didn't submit my entry to the contest because I was disappointed in it, and was kinda intimidated by all the talent here. Glad I did. Had fun and would do it again.
This was my entire motivation in this contest. I wanted to get people to do something challenging during what is typically the off-season and just thought that offering up some prizes to sweeten the pot would help get it off the ground.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Everybody has very valid points and I'm not going to cry over it. Was just asking because my daughter "helped" me, and my wife knows how many hours I am working and how sick I was but still kept my same attitude I've always had. If I'm sick but can still drag myself to work then I can take time to myself. Anyway they both wanted to vote, they looked at the contestants
(both wanted to vote for DT, but Oh well :D ) and asked if they could.
Thanks for the input everyone and hope I didn't ruffle anybodies feathers.
Hail to the Stump!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts