Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EEEEEEK. I was strolling through the devils playground when what do i see, it looked orange. I felt a brief tingle but surpressed it figuring it was some stupid pumpkin or tupperware. However i had to see for myself and it was HALLOWEEEN STUFF!!! My walmart has just started putting it out, but its there. THey had the guy who pulls his head off and some tombstones a few lights, but that was all tonight. I asked a guy and he said it would all be up over this weekend. :D:D:D Ooo and check the christmas section, for those of you building a LED spot. I picked up a mini strand of 10 LED's for 3 bucks thats battery operated. Im hoping that will be enough for my spot. We'll see. Well i just wanted you folks to hear the update. Oooo and check target too.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I was at a Super Wal-Mart tonight and I had the same reaction becasue I know where they put the stuff on the shelves. Orange? Could it be? They had some knick knacks up and the groundbreaker zombies. 2 regular, 1 convict and 1 pirate. I looked at the planograms they had taped to the shelves where things are going to be.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Our school doesn't start until the Tuesday after Labor Day here in NY. So our Wal-Mart won't begin putting out much Halloween until the Back To School stuff is gone. They go in the same area of the store each year.

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Creating spot lights for your haunt using LED lights. Theres a how to on it by Johnny i think. I was leary of trying it myself, and now i wont have to. :D

When theyre all up post pics! Dying to see what they get.
Also Turt, whats an 'LED spot' you speak of?

·
Registered
40 Posts
They were stocking here today. Very odd placement this year, right in the front of the store, centered by the greeting cards. Very short aisles.

I saw some signs, candleabras, bloody clings, tombstones and a expandable fence. And of course, Heads up Harry for 99.99. We are gonna go back tonight late to see if it's all out. I'll take a camera.

·
Registered
40 Posts
They have made zero progress in a full day. I've never seen Wal-Mart move so slow on anything. There are boxes that haven't been touched, and they've actually moved MORE back to school stuff into the adjacent aisle.

They do have HW planograms up on those aisle though.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You're not "too cheap", Beth. just confident of your prop building skills. I often look at store displays just for inspiration and ideas. As an added bonus, you always end up with a unique item (not to mention the bragging rights about a hand built prop) in the end.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Stopped at two Walmarts yesterday. The first store had only a few pumpkins and some fall flowers, some Turkey blowups and a full aisle of Christmas. The second store had absolutely nothing.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.