Haunt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The more I look at this wooden coffin, the more I like it. They say it's life size, but in the retail industry I'm sure life size means something over 4 feet in length, but that's fine for me. I couldn't find a photo of the exact one Walmart sells, but this one is similar. It doesn't come with a floor, and the wood used appears to be some sort of american hardwood and not partical board. I was looking at it yesterday in Walmart, and they are selling them for $29.99.

My question is this, the lid is made up of maybe 3 or 4 separate tungue and groove type pieces. Do you think it's possible for me to assemble the lid and then trace the shape out onto some plywood and adhere it to the underside of the lid for added strength or reinforcement so I can turn it into a pneumatic prop? I already have a pneumatic sit-up prop that works very well that works using an infrared sensor. I'd like to incorporate the two together. Any thoughts? Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just a quick comment. These are very cheaply made. Very thin wood. For that price it's not a bad deal based on I seen it priced at $99 last year or year before. I've been finding that you really have to research the items this year. For example, the Heads Up Harry is $200 at Garden Ridge and another place, and he's $99 at Kmart and Walmart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.