Haunt Forum banner

Warning/Rule signs in your haunt

3K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  scareme 
#1 ·
I really want one of these but need some ideas. I know a lot of you have been doing this for years and have come up with some good ones. Nice ways of saying "don't touch anything!" Please post pictures or share ideas if you have a good one. I'd really appreciate the help...

#4 ·
This is on my short list this year. I'm planning a large foam tombstone with a list of "Castle Rules"
No running or pushing,
No touching anything or anyone
No foul language
No costume; no candy
Try and make it out alive

or something to that effect.

We have people lined up as we only allow small groups through at a time so everyone will have time to read the rules.

#6 ·
i am going to make a sign this yr.
Notice
we are not responsible for your own stupidity!
if you get drunk and fall down stay there.

haha just kidding but i will be posting something to that effect not sure what yet.

#7 ·
I printed up some signs on 8.5x10 paper in Microsoft Word that stated "TOUCH NOTHING AND NOTHING WILL TOUCH YOU!". I used a font that looked like dripping blood and printed it red. I'll see if I can find the font again and post it.

#10 ·
How about

-"your haunt name" is an enclosed, dark and unpredictable, theatrical environment with live actors and sometimes graphic scenes. Though all is done in the spirit of Halloween, it may not be suitable for young children or those with heart conditions.
-No butts in line.
-No running inside.
-No smoking.
-Touch nothing. Nothing will touch you.
-Go as many times as you want.
-Comment sheet and pen on front wall.
-Hold on to lose parts of clothing to costume. No gaurantee that your lossed princess wand or ninja sword will be found.
-Sorry, no candy - Were the trick
-Enter at your own risk
-Have fun

#11 ·
I have a pretty large sign that says:

"Absolutely NO
Touching,
Running
or Pushing

This means you!"

Its carved into 1" foam and pretty well lit. The Moms always seem to enjoy pointing it out to their kids, "Now Johnny, see the sign? It says no... ok?"
Even so, we still have to be vigilant with the touchy-feelies. I've had to ask a few people to leave over the years for a violation. Usually by saying "OK, see you next year!" or "Hey, thanks for coming out, have a safe Halloween!" when I really want to say "Hey can't you people read?" or "I've already asked you not to touch things 3 times... goodbye and do your talking while you're walking..."
hehe

#18 ·
That brings up a point that important words could be misspelled intentionally to attract attention, like marquees on restaurants or even where they put a letter up backwards. I can't think of an example off-hand but you always drive by those signs and say, "How stupid, they can't spell." and maybe they can't, but most of the time it attracted your attention so it did its job. On the other hand, those signs are advertising and these are rules so maybe that's not a good idea. (They're more like guidelines LOL). But how many people actually stop to read any rules? Sometimes it's an open invitation to defy them. But I guess it's better to have a sign than not. I don't think kids or adults are necessarily the culprits, it's those damn teens. Prior to seeing this thread, I had the same thoughts last year as teens were smashing pumpkins after T-o-T up and down the street. With an evil glare, "Pick that up and you'll be digging it out of your a**" is what I was thinking!

#19 ·
This is seriously old thread, but I'm ressurecting it anyway. I've got to finish my rules sign this year, and I'm struggling with which ones are the most important.

So far I've got:

Warning!

The Spider's Lair is dark and shocking!
We have fog, strobes, and dead men walking.

No Smoking, Drinking, Pushing, and don't run.
We're all here to have some clean, safe fun.

Don't touch the critters, and they won't touch you.
Touch them? You might end up in witches brew.

If you want to see it, but not be scared,
just yell, "CHICKEN!" and we'll take care.

ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!

NOT EVERTHING COMES OUT ALIVE!

#22 ·
What about:

Kids under 6, 7 or ATE must be accompanied by Mom or Pop.
If you lose track of your little goblin, they could be next years' prop!

#23 ·
Updated:

Warning!

The Spider's Lair is dark and shocking!
We have fog, strobes, and dead men walking.

No Smoking, Drinking, Pushing, and don't run.
We're all here to have some clean, safe fun.

Don't touch the critters, and they won't touch you.
Touch them? You might end up in witches brew.

Kids under 6, 7 and ATE must be accompanied by Mom or Pop.
If you lose track of your little goblin, they could be next years' prop!

If you want to see it, but not be scared,
just yell, "CHICKEN!" and we'll take care.

ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!

NOT EVERTHING COMES OUT ALIVE!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.