Haunt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I'm putting this in the right place, I couldn't decide it they were props or more "atmosphere".

So I was hunting around for unique things to create my dark carnivale for this year and I stumbled upon a "simple" (they said it was, as I've not tried it yet, I cannot say) and what I thought was a neat and ghoulish idea for clear balloons with what looks like webbing and a spider suspended inside. Looks easy enough. And perfect for my Carnivale Macabre! (Until I figure out a better name.)

Has anyone tried this before? Here's the link:
http://www.craftycrafty.tv/2008/09/halloween_how_to_make_spider_w.html

·
Registered
380 Posts
That is a pretty slick idea! I wonder if you can tint the Hi-Float stuff?

You're gonna post some pics, yes? <nod, nod, nod>

·
Pumpkin Hill Gravekeeper
1,536 Posts
That is cool. It would look really good in helium filled balloons. I can imagine them just floating there in a big bunch. Creepy.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is a pretty slick idea! I wonder if you can tint the Hi-Float stuff?

You're gonna post some pics, yes? <nod, nod, nod>
This is what I'm about to find out! I'm relying a lot on black light stuff so I think I'll do several different versions and see what works. The only thing I see being expensive is the helium, but I think what I'll do is just use my air compressor and inflate the balloons to see how the effect works (they don't need to float right now!) and save renting a helium tank for the big day.

Wouldn't you kick my arse if I didn't take pics?! I'll let you all know how it goes, including photos of epic mistakes I'm sure. :D

I think this would be lovely if lit right and the perfect addition to my carnivale.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Wouldn't you kick my arse if I didn't take pics?! I'll let you all know how it goes, including photos of epic mistakes I'm sure. :D
Nah...besides, I'd never get around to it. Too many people on the list ahead of you.

·
User Title Already Taken
2,237 Posts
You might get away with using an air compressor over the helium but the difference will be the moisture content in the gas. Helium will have no moisture content and will actually dry out the hi float. the compressed air has moisture and the hi float will just stay wet most likely. But heck, try it out and see what happens, maybe it will still dry ok.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You might get away with using an air compressor over the helium but the difference will be the moisture content in the gas. Helium will have no moisture content and will actually dry out the hi float. the compressed air has moisture and the hi float will just stay wet most likely. But heck, try it out and see what happens, maybe it will still dry ok.
Yipes! Excellent point! Maybe I'll invest in buying one of those mini helium tanks for the big day (versus my plan of renting) so I can test out both theories.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts