Haunt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My home haunt is pretty lo-tech. Other than a few cheaply made animatronic characters that do seem to impress, it's pretty much static props and live actors. I'd like to move into air compressor work, but have no idea where to start.

Never-the-less, has anybody used webcams to trigger anything in their haunt. I read about it a few months back on a site, but it wasn't very discriptive.

Just wondering if anybody was doing it and what they were doing with it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anybody got any links? I haven't been able to find anything. I'd like to start using a laptop to control sound and like (I have no pneumatics), but a webcam trigger would be great!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
all I can suggest is keep looking on the web (sorry)
But, in reference to mostly static props...you can always get a cheap rotisserie motor off ebay and make a body spinning from a rope. Motion is good, even just a little! My tombstones are planted to rock in the wind so people get disoriented.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Morbius - a bit like that, but I'd have no idea how to make it trigger power to a particular prop.

skeletonowl - sweet name btw, I do have a bit of motion, but no motion scares like a TCT for instance. I'm always trying to make more though. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts