Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope I don't go that far. I have always called it soda. Other people I know out here call it coke regardless as to which one they are talking about.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I can totally relate to that last, whilst the real McCoy goes by the name "Co' Coler."

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
WTF??? Me...a Northeastern accent? It's pretty hilarious, though...most people in my area don't think I have a Southern accent (In fact, I've been told that some words I say have a bit of "Yankee-ness" to them.), while people from outside the South or "South Florida Yankees" (as I call them) never fail to ask me if I'm from Alabama or Georgia. They can't believe it when I tell them I was born and raised in Florida (duh...isn't Florida a southern state???). Luckily, I always get compliments on my accent. Most people say it sounds like an "Old South" accent...aristocratic as opposed to Hee-Haw, I suppose.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
I am from Chicago and yes we say pop. But when I talk to my grandma or in the south I say sody. My Grandma is from Southern Illinois and KC. I also can't say pass the butter to my grandma. I have to say, "Pass the Oli please." I guess back in the day a company called Oli used to make butter. So there might be some old southerns that say Oli instead of butter.

Now when I went to Ironstock, on the Indi side, I didn't notice to much of an accident. Until I crossed the river into Kentucky, then it changed from night to day. We stopped for directions and a few guys told us how to get to our hotel. He told us, "just'em go down yonder a ways till you see the place." Of course I made a crack after I left. "Those Dukes!"

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Okay, I have a serious problem with that test. It says that I have an Inland North accent. I am a West Coaster... Born and Raised! I have done a fair amount of traveling in my time and am even half Argentinian, but Inland North... I dont think so! :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
I got "The West" which is pretty accurate. I grew up in CA and now live in UT. I did live in VA for 6 years or so, but I guess my accent had been cemented in pretty well before then.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Your Result: North Central

"North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot.

well, I AM CANADIAN....

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
I reckon that that lil' ole quiz wasn't a good fit for everybody ya'll. It was about as fun as a sack of confused weasels don't ya think? hehehe

Some of us can't be pigeon holed.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts