Haunt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
sharpie?? hah - i dont think id even want that on my face - ive used the regular craft paints like the .99 cent ones at wallmart for face paints before - they rubb off real easy with some soap and water - sometimes even just water

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
you could always crush charcoal into a powder use it dry or over face make up or make a paste to paint it on...
If you have time to do this you could take a dolop of hot glue on warm setting and set some fishing line in that let dry and then use that spirit gum to hold it on ...maybe that would work but don't make whiskers too long.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sharpies have alcohol based ink, try some rubbing alcohol to remove it, don't put acetone on your face. Better yet, don't use a permanent marker on your face to begin with.

I heard of a kid who used red sharpies to color his eyes, (there's a brain-child!) he ended up with ulcerated scleras. I guess it looked cool... well, until it ate holes in his eyes... then it looked really cool!

As Sickie Ickie said, "Mascara and eyeliner. " It's made to go on faces, and to be safely removed from them too.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Using mascara and eyeliner is good idea but do not use "used old" makeup
bacteria builds on them.Save those for prop coloring... you may want to test on the skin first, dont want welts coming up or a allergy reaction.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Using mascara and eyeliner is good idea but do not use "used old" makeup
bacteria builds on them.Save those for prop coloring... you may want to test on the skin first, dont want welts coming up or a allergy reaction.
I just recently bought clown make up and when done i wrapped it and put it in the fridge. Is it safe to use now? I'll probably use it for a prop now

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Here is the general rules from cosmetology school:

Cleanser: 1 year

Foundation: 1 year

Lipstick: 1 to 2 years

Mascara: 3 to 4 months

Powder: 2 years

Eye shadow: 2 years

I've broken these rules for myself occasionally since make-up is expensive, but I tend to go with the 6 mo. rule when hired for a film.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
That's another great idea Sloat..
would work excellent for what they need.

·
Registered
396 Posts
burning a cork??? wouldn't that leave blisters??? Just kidding...i never heard of that... and thanks for the reminder sickie on how old my mascara is... i guess i like to live dangerously....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts